VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going. I'm considering going with FMB for my apes. Has anyone installed them without changing any of the cables? Also, does anyone know where I can get a sissy bar? Thanks

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
You should be able to use the stock cables but they're going to be tight.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just installed FMB’s 12” BMX bars on my Gunner and used all the stock cables and wiring. Now, after the fact I think I could went with 14” bars and been ok too. The BMX bars have integrated risers so if you’re going to try and put 12” apes on the stock risers, the OEM cables and wires are probably not going to reach. If you’re not using bars with integrated risers, I would switch to short 1” risers. Then you may be alright.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Im starting to consider the 10" apes from Vicbaggers.

Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Azure

I feel like these will have some adjustment where the FMB's don't.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
If I got apes for the vegas, it would be those right there. Those are nice!
It's not like I'm tall or have long arms. I just want a more relaxed riding position. I think these would work well.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Do they have any T bar options? I'm looking at the FMB moto x 12" but im also concerned with not having any adjustment options if I don't like the position
That's the only bars they have for the steel frames

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.