VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an over-bored XC. Lloyd and Adam took it out to 116" for me. My question is, is my fuel consumption read out still accurate? I guess if it just looks purely at how much fuel is going in and how many miles are passing, I'll be OK. But, Lloyd put in a PC-V and as I understand, it controls how much fuel goes down the pipes. And, I don't think the PC-V reports back to the instrament cluster, to allow accurate flowrates, for mileage and what ever.
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I do not use my gas gauge or MPG on my Vision. I only use my trip odometer. Always works, very accurate. So how does that 116 run?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

bubba said:
I do not use my gas gauge or MPG on my Vision. I only use my trip odometer. Always works, very accurate. So how does that 116 run?
Yeah, I'm doing the same right now. Oh well, the loss of the cool "Active MPG" thingyis a small price to pay for the AWESOME power that 116 mil puts out. It's strong everywhere in the range.

·
Registered
207 Posts
PrometheusVII said:
bubba said:
Yeah, I'm doing the same right now. Oh well, the loss of the cool "Active MPG" thingyis a small price to pay for the AWESOME power that 116 mil puts out. It's strong everywhere in the range.
Did you dyno? Results?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
SirP said:
How accurate is that millage gauge anyway? On my demo ride at cruising speed it was saying 66mpg - ON A DEMO BIKE!
I have found my "Range" to be extremely accurate. The "average MPG" seems to be pretty accurate as well, but as for the "instant MPG", that thing is always all over the place and I feel it is as useless as a 3 dollar bill.

One thing I ask is please report back to us on the accuracy of the fuel gauge and Range. I would be interested to see how accurate they are as i have a feeling that they will be a hell of a lot more precise than everyone on here realizes......just my opinion......and would like to see if how it proves out over time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Guys, the dyno sheet I got from Lloyd was, according to Adam (and Lloyd, secondhand) inaccurate as the temp in the dyno area was over 90F. Adam said the results always read bad when it's above 90 or below 50. The peaks were 125 on both HP and Torque. Adam said he and Lloyd were sure these numbers were low, but couldn't get a good pull day.
It rides just like it did before, but with a **** ton more power. Important is that it comes on very early and just keeps pulling. The rev extender makes it even sweeter. It's a bit loud with the RPW exhaust, but it is fooking great all around.
I went from Lloydz in upstate NY to KevinX's place in Gainesville Fl to get some parts and a good pull, but his dyno was down. He sent me to the HD dealer down the street and the sheet was reading 109 and 107 or something rediculusly low. Later found out from KevinX that the HD shop dyno was on the fritz as they ran a bike they know to put out over 110s and it registered 90s. I'll just have to try again next time I'm back from Afghanistan.
I have Lloydz dyno but it's crap to look at as it bumps and spikes along the way. This thing is smooth and strong all along the curve, I can feel it. No fall offs, no flat spots. Oh, read the blue lines, the red is on the Nitrous.

·
Registered
207 Posts
PrometheusVII said:
Guys, the dyno sheet I got from Lloyd was, according to Adam (and Lloyd, secondhand) inaccurate as the temp in the dyno area was over 90F. Adam said the results always read bad when it's above 90 or below 50. The peaks were 125 on both HP and Torque. Adam said he and Lloyd were sure these numbers were low, but couldn't get a good pull day.
It rides just like it did before, but with a **** ton more power. Important is that it comes on very early and just keeps pulling. The rev extender makes it even sweeter. It's a bit loud with the RPW exhaust, but it is fooking great all around.
I went from Lloydz in upstate NY to KevinX's place in Gainesville Fl to get some parts and a good pull, but his dyno was down. He sent me to the HD dealer down the street and the sheet was reading 109 and 107 or something rediculusly low. Later found out from KevinX that the HD shop dyno was on the fritz as they ran a bike they know to put out over 110s and it registered 90s. I'll just have to try again next time I'm back from Afghanistan.
I have Lloydz dyno but it's crap to look at as it bumps and spikes along the way. This thing is smooth and strong all along the curve, I can feel it. No fall offs, no flat spots. Oh, read the blue lines, the red is on the Nitrous.
Whew! That's a monster...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, it can be a handfull, but it's just so much damn fun.....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow! That's all I can say! I haven't had my bike redyno'd with my new Lloydzs ECU but it pulled 111 hp and 109 torgue with the stock one. I suspect that I might be putting out around 115 hp and slighly more torgue now. Has anyone installed the rev extender on a Vision and had it (re) dyno'd? If so, I curious to know if they noted a big change..

·
Registered
717 Posts

Here is a Vision with the Rev Extender. Before and after on the same day within minutes of each other. Only takes like 2 minutes to replace the unit.
It was also on a bad dyno day. Everyone was coming in under HP by 2-3 on the day.
Bike had been dyno'ed with the same configuration with out rev extender at 111/111 before also by Lloyd.
That really doesn't matter though. What matters is the 9HP gain. Used to hit rev limiter a lot, have not since the swap.

·
Registered
717 Posts

I was an earlyattempter ofthe Vision Big Bore Kit.Unfortunately I got some of the early bad Wiseco pistons. Ended up going back to stock pistons before they figured out the issue they had.
Bike came in at 122/125 without the rev extender and with the bike not quite running right due to the piston issue.
I am sure I will try it again someday. The roll on power in 4th and 5th was out of this world!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I cannot attest to any early problems, but the current setup ROCKS! The only problem I have with the bike is I'm in Afghanistan and can't ride it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.