1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Might pick one of these up for my girlfriend to try on my passenger seat. I have put over 40,000 miles on my beadrider and swear by them. For the few times a year my girl rides with me, this should do just fine.

Thanks BobB for bringing them to my attention.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@meatypuffs - I'll be interested to know how you think the 2 compare. The version I have have 4 hooks on bungees. I didn't want them hooked and rubbing on my seat. The front 2 I hook on the frame in front of the side covers just below the tank. The back 2 I hooked on the saddle bag crash bars by the rear foot pegs.

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I found that pocket-less sweats were more comfortable than jeans in the heat, but wish I had those on my trip. I may pick up one, and give it a try. Do beads stretch out the seat material?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@primethious - I used the bead seat for 9 days straight. I did notice an impression. My bike is now in the shop so I can't tell you if it was permanent or not. It's waiting in the shop for new head bearings on order. When I drop off the bearings, I can check to see if it went back to normal. Of course, my tonnage may impact the results (240 lbs).

·
Registered
224 Posts
@primethious - I used the bead seat for 9 days straight. I did notice an impression. My bike is now in the shop so I can't tell you if it was permanent or not. It's waiting in the shop for new head bearings on order. When I drop off the bearings, I can check to see if it went back to normal. Of course, my tonnage may impact the results (240 lbs).
May I ask where you get your work done? I bought mine in Metuchen (Cross-Country) and always wondered if they are a good shop.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a small independent shop in Freehold Boro - Cycle Passions, that I've started using. $85 an hour. John owns the place. It's a small place, but I've been happy with his work so far.
A lot of people use RollinFast on 22 near Lebanon, NJ and I went there too. Just a bit far for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.