VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's use this thread as a way to communicate what we're learning about what's going on with the sales and allocation of the 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Vision.
As we already know, only 100 of these bikes will be sold. Those who wanted to purchase this bike needed to go to the Victory website and register with the factory on August 1st. Then, they would have to print a confirmation and take it to a dealer to finalize the process.
Well, it's been nearly a week since the ordering system has opened and I've been digging around trying to find out if all 100 have been sold and so far, I don't have too many facts. I called around to some out of town dealers and asked if they were available and while I was not able to recevie any solid information, one dealer placed me on hold for a while and when he returned he told me he checked the Dealer Website and learned that all 100 had been pre-sold. I then asked if they got one and he said, "I don't know."
So, have you received any news on the sales of this bike? Did you order one? I'd enjoy hearing what your dealers are telling you. All my local dealer could tell me was that he would know sometime between now and the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The more I look into it, it appears all 100 sold out immediately. (Remember, I was a reporter for 20+ years). I'm sure Victory will be releasing the info soon...very soon. But, you heard it here first!
If this holds to be true, those who actually get to own this model will not only have a true limited edition, they will have one that sold out in record time. This has to be good for the long term value.
I'm jealous that you'll have a reverse gear...and I won't!

·
Registered
5 Posts

FWIW -
I just returned from Sturgis yesterday. I stopped into the 'Victory Display Store' on Main Street and looked over the 10th Anniversary Model Vision. The gal I was talking with about itsaid they were all sold.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drew and I both got them! Imagine the scenewhen two South Florida boys go cruising on twin 10th Anniversary Visons. You can bet you'll see a great video as soon as they come in.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm interested to know what those who won did to register and when (even what those who didn't win did).

I registered my interest with Polaris for the 10th Anniversary Vision online on July 31. I received the confirmation email from Polaris that my initial registration had been received that same day. The next day, August 1, I was waiting at my dealers door when they opened. The salesman entered me into the Polaris Dealers Website by 10:30 am EST. We printed out my registration in the Polaris Dealer System and I waited for the next half hour until 11:00 EST or 10:00 CST. At 10 on the dot, we began faxing my registration into Polaris. We got 4 buys signals before the fax took (frustrating part was the dealers fax machine wasn't able to scan the document and automatically redial - we had to feed the document through each time and re-type the fax number into the machine). My facsimile registration was received by Polaris at 10:04 am CST.

What's your story?

Drew.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Applied online July 31 at 3:00PM got my email and called my dealer, he is 280 miles away, so I faxed him the forms and a copy of my deposit check and he sent the order in as soon as they opened at 8:00 AM on Friday August 1, no problems with faxing.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I thought it might be appropriate to place a copy of the 10th Anniversary Vision Video in this thread. I'm really looking forward to seeing it up close. Congrats to all the winners!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Are there any soon-to-be Anniversary Vision owners who already have an 08 Vision who are staring to feel a bit sad that you'll be saying goodbye to your old friend?
It was the Vision (babe)that got me back into riding and delivered a positive experience like no other bike I've ridden. It's because of my Vision that I got involved with TheVOG and got back into riding and writingafter a few year absense.
I'll miss her. She's been good to me. BooHoo!
What am I supposed to tell her? Sorry babe, I found a cuter replacement and she has some major league chrome on her. She has a better seat and backrest, and has a dowry of new features that you just don't have, like, um, well, a Reverse Gear and a two tone paint job.
Sorry babe, although I was just getting to know you, we had some great times together and I'll miss ya. Remember that Barista Babe we met at Starbucks. She loved your backseat and backrest and she loved that her purse fit into your side bag.
Well babe, I'm going to miss you. Okay, I'm trading you in for a younger, cuter replacement, but I tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to get you cleaned up and find a new home for you with an air conditioned garage and maybe they'll let you sleep inside the house.
I'll miss you babe, but until then, we still have a lot of road to cover...at least until my new Trophy Babe shows up at the door.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

The dealer just called and said that his two Anniversary Visions are shipping on September 19th.
Anyone else have anything to report?

·
Registered
17 Posts

I am trading in my "08" Vision for either the "09" Anniversay (I got my e-mail)or the Ness Vision. I am going see both in person on 8/23/08 at MOM's South in Foxboro, Ma. They are having an open house and the Victory truck with all the "09" bikes will be there. I will decide then.
Good luck to all
Gary

·
Registered
17 Posts

I am looking for a tour... If I buy the Ness I will purchase the Trunk. Without seeing the Ness in person I am not sure of what I will do. I know that I want the diamond cut engine. I may purchase the ness, change out the seat with a new Corbin Heated seat (It should be available shortly) and if I do not like the Ness Paint exhange Painted Parts for straight Black and then send the Bike to Keith Hanson in Stoughton, Ma. to paint it. (He did a great job in painting my "08").I willthenadd the reverse, HID Light, andother optionsthat come with the Premium tour.YetI may just like the 10th anniversary and save myself alot of work and money. Will see real soon.
Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just recieved a reply from Victory telling us that we are going to be recieving one of the 10th anniversary victories. Obviously we are excited and grateful to be selected for the bike. The bike will be my wife's since I currently own a 2008 Victory Vision tour premium. We should be taking delivery between sept 1 and oct 31st. I'll keep you informed on any new information.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.