VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this board. I've always been attracted to Victory bikes ever since I saw the first one. They've alwyas been a bit outside of my budget but I found a 2013 Cross Country Tour that has 100k miles on it. Super clean and well maintained. Guy wants $7k for the bike he's the original owner of the bike; claims it can go to 250k-500k so it's just "broke in" -- thoughts? Is this too many miles? A friend of mine suggested I get it to a shop to do a compression test to make sure the engine is still working good. Any other insights?

I currently ride a small 650cc Yamaha Vstar but it was just a starter bike and now it's getting a bit tight. I'm a big guy. 6'0" 350lbs. Looking for a bigger more comfortable ride that can go longer ranges.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
I don't doubt the motor is still good but at $7k I think you could find a much lower mile bike for only a few K more.

You want comfort on long rides look into a Vision. They can be had cheap and are perfect for big guys. For whatever reason they are always a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't doubt the motor is still good but at $7k I think you could find a much lower mile bike for only a few K more.

You want comfort on long rides look into a Vision. They can be had cheap and are perfect for big guys. For whatever reason they are always a bit cheaper.
Thanks! Funny that you mention the Vision. That was the first Victory bike I had ever seen and was really impressed.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I ride with a guy that is at 107k still has the OEM belt. Still runs it hard with no signs of slowing down. I did do neck bearings for him late last year.

You can likely find 1 with 1/2 the miles for the same $$. If the bike looks right and he has some record or recollection of maintenance items... If the deal feels right to you? Go for it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much for a bike with that many miles. If you look around I'd expect you could get one with half the miles at about the same price. Why buy all that wear if you don't have to?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
My CCT has 73K miles on it and it runs better than it did when it was new. I’ll likely get the 117” big bore kit installed when it turns over 100K. With proper maintenance the miles mean very little. But, a CCT with the 116” kit. Oh yes! Contact victory_wayne and get the details because that sounds great.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
My CCT has 73K miles on it and it runs better than it did when it was new. I'll likely get the 117" big bore kit installed when it turns over 100K. With proper maintenance the miles mean very little. But, a CCT with the 116" kit. Oh yes! Contact victory_wayne and get the details because that sounds great.
If my engine ever needs to come out of the frame, it will go back in a BB. What I really want is a BB steel frame. 200 lbs lighter,,,,:yikes:

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

·
Registered
610 Posts
That's way too much for 100k miles. Keep looking, you'll find the one. Took me a bit but I found my 11XC "Tour" with under 5500 miles last fall, and I didn't pay much more than what they want for the bike your looking at.

Reactions: FlNativeJoe

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Get the bike from Victory Wayne that is the better purchase. I'm sorry but that other guy has lost his marbles.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Reactions: jedi-mcfly

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to this board. I've always been attracted to Victory bikes ever since I saw the first one. They've alwyas been a bit outside of my budget but I found a 2013 Cross Country Tour that has 100k miles on it. Super clean and well maintained. Guy wants $7k for the bike he's the original owner of the bike; claims it can go to 250k-500k so it's just "broke in" -- thoughts? Is this too many miles? A friend of mine suggested I get it to a shop to do a compression test to make sure the engine is still working good. Any other insights?

I currently ride a small 650cc Yamaha Vstar but it was just a starter bike and now it's getting a bit tight. I'm a big guy. 6'0" 350lbs. Looking for a bigger more comfortable ride that can go longer ranges.
I think I found the bike you're talking about. I saw the same bike on CraigsList earlier. Here in MN, that is a good price. However, if you're willing to buy a bike unseen and have it shipped or jump on a train/airplane/bus and ride a bike home you can get a much better deal. Look down in FL, AZ, and GA. For some reason, those states always seem to have the best deals when I poke around on Cycle Trader.

As far as the 250-500k miles is concerned: I would venture to guess that there's likely less than 15% of all Victory bikes ever produced with that many miles on them. I hope this seller is correct, but I'm certainly not holding my breath that long.

Is this the bike you had in mind: 2013 victory cross country tour - motorcycles/scooters - by owner -...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would seriously hold out. I found my 2013 XC with 8,000 miles and some extras for $7700. They are out there if you have some time to look.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Been thinking about this a little. If it is a "Tour" model, it has a lot of money in upgrades. People are selling trunks for $1500+shipping. Hard lowers, heated seat and grips. Saddle bag guards. A lot of money there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.