VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the '10 CC has a 2500 mile service maintenance schedule while the '11 has a 5000 mile cadence. I took my CC in for its 500 mile service at Arlen Ness and I asked what changed that the service schedule changed from '10 to '11. The service folk there didn't know but promised to find out for me and if/when I find out I'll share on the board.

Does anyone here know?

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

The 07's & 08's had a 5,000 mile oil change.
Then the 09's & 10's had what I will call a misprint in their manual stating a 2,500 mile oil change. I'm at the 4,000 mile mark since my last change, I have no problem with the shifting mechanism finding neutral, one reason they say they designed the new transmission.

·
Registered
844 Posts

Quit a few people here have stated that the 08's could go the 5000 mile service interval,yet my owners manual states 2500 miles between services.Am i missing something?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I still end up going over the 2500 mi mark. Hell I'd be at the dealer every week! It's now IN WRITING for the 2011. That's the difference.

I usually go about 4000 on my 05 KP. Hell I can't afford to change my oil every week. At least this way its about 1x a month.

I've been trying on the XC to keep on schedule only cuz it's not mine & warranty issues.(And I think they are footing the bill!)

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

From my 08 manual Page 83,
500 Miles R, 5000 (8000) R, 10, 000 (16000) R means replace.
Then read below in Operation Codes:
*Replace at specified interval or annually. If driven in extreme conditions, engine oil and filter should be changed every 2500 miles.
(example: frequent operation in stop-and-go-traffic, short trips, dusty conditions, fully loaded, aggressive riding, high ambient temperature.
Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.