VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Just curious if the front end raised some why would you want to drop the rear??

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
A1" drop is not really that low...I am down 3" but I don't ride two up. The XC has an air shock, with is designed to have air added to it when you add weight, look inside the right saddle bag, there is a chart that indicates how much air you should have .

I'm using an adjustable lowering link, I would suggest buying that type so you can adjust it to your liking.

Hand tool Tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Metal

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
I currently have the air set appopriate for my wieght.i havent really changed anything with the air pressure..i figured it would be easier to change the link instead of playing around with the air pressure .right now with the current air pressure the bike handles awesome alone or with a passengerI did notice the adjustable links but I have heard good thing and bad things about them and i didnt wanna take a chance with the weight of both riders aboard.
Ya that guy "heard" knows everything...

NYC streets...

300 lbs...

3 " drop...

3 years without an issue...

But I can't argue with that guy "heard"...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Reactions: English bully

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
CHEAP way to try 1" drop...."U" shaped bracket on top of shock has room below the bolt to drill another hole. I did that 42,000 miles ago, mainly because short legs, 5'8, and wanted to "flat foot" when stopped. Doing this was exactly what I needed. I ride 40# solo...50+ when riding with wife, 5# more loaded for trip. Bike handles great...as a VICTORY does, PLUS no problems in handling on curves. (I'm an aggressive rider BUT not bragging, as some do on here :hihi:) Can't hurt to try IMHO....use saved $$ for HP mods:biggrin:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I did the 1" lowering link from WD and it is perfect for me. I ride 2 up about 40% of the time. Make sure and have about 50lbs +- air in the shock for 2 up riding. The 1" kit is a good compromise between ride height and ground clearance. No need to change kickstand either. No offense but I would not be drilling holes in the suspension system, its worth the money to do it right. The links are like $150 if I remember correctly.

I was looking at the 21" wheel kits Victory offered and didn't realize it before but they also included a kit to lower the forks a tad. I would look into that also as well.

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
You make some interesting statements.

This is the sales information from Victory regarding their 21" wheel and related parts...seems the engineers disagree with you...

This kit includes retuned extended-length forks that accommodate the installation of the 21" Front Wheel and 21" Front Tire on Cross Country models equipped with ABS as well as a lowered rear shock and rocker to take the custom style to the next level. Additionally, the kit includes floorboards with road feelers to accommodate the lean angle of the 21" wheel and lowered rear.

Features:

• Color: Black Forks, Black Lowering Kit, Black Floorboards
  • Kit Includes: Two extended-length front forks to accommodate 21" front wheel & tire;, lower rear shock and rocker, retuned ABS module, and floorboards with road feelers to accommodate lean angle of lowered rear
  • Required & Sold Separately: 21" Front Wheel (available in multiple finishes); 21" Front Tire (5414996); 21" Front Fender (2880779; available in several colors) (each sold separately)
  • Installation: Forks replace stock forks and stock ABS module. Lowering kit replaces stock rear shock and rocker, Floorboards with road feelers replace stock floorboards
  • Fitment: Fits on Cross Country® & Cross Roads™ models equipped with ABS & with 21" front wheel & tire
  • Victory® Engineered
    Manufacturer Part Number: 2880781
  • But...what do we know....

·
Registered
441 Posts
You make some interesting statements.

This is the sales information from Victory regarding their 21" wheel and related parts...seems the engineers disagree with you...

This kit includes retuned extended-length forks that accommodate the installation of the 21" Front Wheel and 21" Front Tire on Cross Country models equipped with ABS as well as a lowered rear shock and rocker to take the custom style to the next level. Additionally, the kit includes floorboards with road feelers to accommodate the lean angle of the 21" wheel and lowered rear.

Features:

• Color: Black Forks, Black Lowering Kit, Black Floorboards
  • Kit Includes: Two extended-length front forks to accommodate 21" front wheel & tire;, lower rear shock and rocker, retuned ABS module, and floorboards with road feelers to accommodate lean angle of lowered rear
  • Required & Sold Separately: 21" Front Wheel (available in multiple finishes); 21" Front Tire (5414996); 21" Front Fender (2880779; available in several colors) (each sold separately)
  • Installation: Forks replace stock forks and stock ABS module. Lowering kit replaces stock rear shock and rocker, Floorboards with road feelers replace stock floorboards
  • Fitment: Fits on Cross Country® & Cross Roads™ models equipped with ABS & with 21" front wheel & tire
  • Victory® Engineered
    Manufacturer Part Number: 2880781
  • But...what do we know....
Yeah unless there were detailed drawings of the 2 forks specifications its hard to say what they did to achieve the 21' wheel fitment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.