VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 09 Ness Vision with good radio and front speakers. Seems like I may have fried my left front speaker so in search of 2 high quality replacement speakers which is another topic... But, would like to connect Bluetooth capability to the radio in order to go wireless to my ear buds as it seems futile to listen to tunes at speed. Is it as simple as buying an aftermarket "transmitter device" and if so, how do I get it "in-line" with the radio? I understand that I can use my phone to stream music but would like to convert the radio

Thanks!

T-Square

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
I'm all about Bluetooth but I've never tried to go backwards like that. I can't think of a way to do it. Not saying you can't I just don't know how.

·
Super Moderator
26,137 Posts
Not sure, has that worked for you? Sounds easy enough
If you're using a ipod you could certainly buy a Bluetooth transmitter and stream your music straight from there to your buds. Something like this.

TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (aptX Low Latency, 2 Devices Simultaneously, For TV / Home Sound System) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RyJZAb1FN2MDK

The main problem here is most all of these are battery powered so you'll have a limited play time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Usb bluetooth adapter that has a 3.5mm jack.. plug your stock 3.5mm cable into the usb bluetooth adapter inside the glovebox the usb adaptor would plug into usb cigarette light adapter.. worked for me for 2 years until recently when i replaced the radio with unit that has built in bluetooth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.