09 Hammer/Kingpin fork seals discontinued (Marzocci Forks) | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

09 Hammer/Kingpin fork seals discontinued (Marzocci Forks)

Discussion in 'Victory Hammer' started by Colonel_Toober, May 21, 2018.

1. Colonel_Toober

Colonel_Toober New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2009 Victory Hammer S/2013 Victory Hardball
    Hi all,

So I'm against a wall looking for solutions. Fork seals on my 09 Hammer S are in need of replacement, local shop informed me that the kit has been discontinued. This has become evident in other places as well, (2009 Victory HAMMER/HAMMER SPORT ALL OPTIONS (V09HB36/HS36) Suspension, Front Forks, Marzocci All Options | PartsPitstop.com) see grouping 21.

The Kayaba forks however, do have that particular set of seals. My question, though different manufacterers would the Kayba seal kit, (2009 Victory HAMMER/HAMMER SPORT ALL OPTIONS (V09HB36/HS36) Suspension, Front Forks, Kayaba All Options | PartsPitstop.com) also item 21 fit the Marzocci forks?

Or are there known OEM parts I have yet to find and am ignorant to?

Appreciative of any help or advice. Would rather not have to put a new front end on because of some seals. Could make it a springer :crackup:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. BP6666VR

BP6666VR Well-Known Member

VICTORY JACKPOT 2013 & Cross Country Tour 2014
    SKF or NOC seals will have the same numbers ...

Lets say you beed 43x55x9.5 then SKF bearing shop will have them ... No worries, also dirt bike shops will have the same sizes ...

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  3. Overtime

Overtime Member

2007 Kingpin Tour
    You might try "buywitchdoctors.com". Sorry, i don't know how to attach a link yet. I just gave it a quick look and the website doesn't list the '09 model year. They show three different options under Hammer/suspension related parts. One of the them may actually fit your bike. Give them a call. John has always been very helpful and knowledgeable about the stuff he sells.

4. BBob

BBob Well-Known Member

11 XC, 04 KP
  5. BP6666VR

Ok i looked up a old post of mine, for telescopic forks, not USD forks, but then you see it will be easy to find the seals

Bla bla bla .... now i have the final measurements RaceTech can confirm the correct parts,
    But i will wait for ordering coz i just changed all my seals and oil,
    The one thing i did not understand from the new seals package is that the "lower bushing" is not to be renewed,
    For other members, my take on the 50 $ x 2 replacement kit that is only the top part of the fork,, see below =
    Dust seal
    Retainer snapring (that was rusty)
    Oil seal
    Flat washer ring
    Upper Bushing
    They are Japanese seals (metric), so you can just buy them in a bearing / seal shop for 2 U$D a piece .... The bushings tolerance is so big, that they do not need replacement, they are GUIDE RING'S so to speak.
    So only the retainer ring must be found .... But you can just buy a "snap ring" instead ... That is much better then the "wire snapring" from victory. And no rust...

This snapring is better then the wireclip in the seal-replacement-kit and no rust and cheap too . tapatalk_1526919458330.jpeg

6. Colonel_Toober

Colonel_Toober New Member

2009 Victory Hammer S/2013 Victory Hardball
    I appreciate the quick responses.

I'm comfortable with ordering the oil seal based on size, but what has me hesitant is that upper bushing.

If I understand BP6666VR, then the upper bushing is of no concern and only the oil seal and possibly dust cover would need replacement of all the components.

7. BP6666VR

Yes in the victory kit is only the

Dust seal
    Retainer snapring (that was rusty)
    Oil seal
    Flat washer ring
    Upper Bushing

8. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Staff Member Moderator

vision 08
    most bearing stores will have seals. Just bring your old one to match it up.
    Go to dealer and ask him to order from Parts Unlimited they will have it for sure