VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these sub-par units? Seems to be a lot of glitches in this particular year model. Local dealer seems to always have one in the shop trying to figure out what's wrong with it.
Just asking...............
RR

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

The 08's are the Prototypes.
I have one, it had two recalls and has treated me very well.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

I would not say sub-par but they were the first year and came with the first year issues. From what I have read all the issues have been worked out with updates.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I guess I should have been more specific. In general the bikes appear to be solid. But I read another post about the radio, etc and remembered that my local tech has had an '08 tied up for 8-10 days trying to add a CB to the system. Entire radio system does not work at this point & he says the factory keeps sending different downloads, etc to try & correct the problem. He said the '08's were a pain in the butt when it came to the electronics & downloads meshing with thebike's system
w/o a problem cropping up.
RR

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

As you can see my 08 is doing much better than my portable garage

·
Registered
807 Posts
Other than the oil temp sensor leak (replaced within 5 days of taking it home) I haven't had an issue with mine in 6700 miles. I'm impressed enough with Vic quality I won't be buying anything else.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I bought mine used from Randy's Cycle....actually from Mike (Ruttrow) on here. All the glitches/downloads/updates were made before I took posession of the bike. I've put about 8,000 miles on her in about 9 months with not so much as a single problem. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another '08.

·
Registered
3 Posts
15000 plus miles, one recall promptly repaired no other problems. I am just glad I took that test ride. Pleasure, pleasure, pleasure to ride and talk to all the people interested in the Vision. Just today a guy asked if it was a custom bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So it is my radio controls that are acting up. I stopped in the dealer today to ask if the recalls were done on my bike, since I bought it used I did not know. Ialso wanted tofind out a repair estimate for the radio. The dealer tells me that there is an extended warrenty on my bike and gives me the paper work to transfer it. They are the ones that sold and serviced the bike since new. The dealer said to send in the paper work with the $25 transfer fee and wait a few weeks. Then bring in the bike for the radio repair. The most it will cost me is $50. SWEET! Also the recalls were done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.