VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advise. I had been waiting for the new vision hoping to get a color I like or some features that I could not due without. That did not happen and I am ready to buy! However, I figure why not have the first year model if you are going to have one. Nothing special about year two and the differences just do not impress me unless I am missing something. I am looking at the midnight cherry tour premium....Your thoughts would be appreciated. I am currently riding an 05 KP and love it....will not be getting rid of it....it was my first!

jay

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

Mimimum changes for 09 Visions. The reverse is now an option. I'm to understand that many of the bugs have been addressed andfixed.
I'll be selling my midnight cherry tour premium with lots of extras. 3K miles. If you're interested, let me know.
Hey, I like the Vision so much, I'm getting the new one!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want to send details thru email please do. What are the extras and what do you want for it! I am some distance from you.....

Jay

PS...happy with the site? Seems to be growing quite well. Best to you for starting it.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

Before I received the info on the 09s, I wasn't expecting too many changes from the 08 Visions. Like the auto industry, typically aftera new car is introduced, the following year will include some basic refinements. While the only issue I have with the Vision is the floorboard heat and there is no fix for it, the only other problem I experienced was the occassional stalling issue that seems to have been corrected by the ignition recall.
My personal reasons for registering for the Anniversary Vision was that it included the Reverse gear and was already fully chromed. I do like the blacked out dash and console. I didn't think I'd havea chance at getting the Anniversary model and was pleasantly surprised to receive the notification. I like the new color scheme and just knowing (assuming) that some of the minor issues have been addressed and fixed on the 09s is a good thing.
If the dealer gives me a fair trade-price for my current Vision, I'll most likely trade it to keep the paperwork to a minimum and to lower the sales tax. But seeing that some dealers were deeply discounting remaining 08 Visions, I'm not sure what price I'll get for it from the dealer.
I spoke to the dealership owner on Friday after I received the notification and he hadn't received the nofication at that point nor did he know what we need to do next. He's a good guy and a new dealer and I'm sure he'll get back to me when he has more details.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

I'm planning on having to upgrade to the Stage 1, Level 1 exhaust, add the filler panel (not included) and possibly the wind deflectors...before I take delivery. I currently have the S1L1's on my 08 Vision and with the Gatlin Tips, I'm very happy with the sound this setup delivers. I may consider having the deflectors painted black...I'll get with Scott at Conquest Customs for his input on this one. We also may add his header wraps to the new bike and see how that affects the lower heat issue.
The new bike doesinclude the Garmin 2820 and I currently use mine with the XM Traffic feature. The antenna for this is large...around 3-inched in diameter and I have it mounted on the dash. I'm going to think about this before I act. The only factory feature I didn't put on my 08 was the CB. I'm looking forward to checking this out to see how it works and to learn if there's an easy way to integrate the usage of a phone with the helmet speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.