VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 08 Kingpin in April of 09. I have been trying to get my selling dealer to resolve the warranty status on my Victory. It shows a 1 year warranty at Victory. I bought it within the paramaters of the program, There were 5 year warranty promotional stuff on the bike and all over the dealership.
1) I have sent 3 emails to my selling dealer - no response.
2) I have made 6 phone calls to my selling dealer - I received only one return phone call with a message "it should be fine, don't worry about it". My last message to them stated that I was getting very frustrated and that I am ready to pull the trigger on an XC but how they handled this would determine WHERE I buy it. I have 3 Vic dealers within 35 miles and I am willing to drive even father if necc.
3) I have made 5 personal visits to my dealer and was assured they would call me, like that nver happened. On the 4th visit I was told that my information had been given to the local Vic rep. On the 5th visit I was told they have 30 customers with the same problem.
Does anyone show customers respect and common courtesy anymore? I am a former service Mgr. and if the shoe was on my foot I would call just to say what had been done, what was planned and when I would get back to them. Is is that F-ing hard? Every time I go in there there are at least 3 of them with their thumbs stuck up their asses and they can't pick up the F-ing phone?
As many others have reported, trying to call anyone at Victory is an exersize in futility.
Does Victory understand how injurious to sales and brand reputation this is? In this day and age, good and bad experiences are spread virally through forums and websites like this.
I encourage all of you who "think" they have a 5 year warranty to contact your dealer and have them run your VIN.
My next remedy may be through my states attorney general and or the states insurance commisioner.
This don't give a **** attitude towards consumers just baffles me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, the dealership that I bought my '08 vic from closed about 3 weeks after I dropped off the check and picked up the keys. It was picked up within (I made sure) the period of the promotion. Actually it was the last day of the promo and I called the vic hotline and they said as long as the paperwork was dated that particular day, I would be fine. I think I bought the bike april 30th and I still haven't received any confirmation from polaris that I have the 5 yr warranty.

Now. Should I contact a different dealer near me? Should I contact polaris? Who in the hell do I need to ***** at if I don't have a 5 yr warranty?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sorry for not updating my post, I have been busy moving and dealing with the sale of my house.
FYI, I heard from my dealer this week. The said they received an email from Victory Corporate that I ineed have the 5 year warranty. I am going to the dealer to pick up a copy. I'll update the post with the specific verbiage once I get it.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
ZZedmonds said:
Sorry for not updating my post, I have been busy moving and dealing with the sale of my house.
FYI, I heard from my dealer this week. The said they received an email from Victory Corporate that I ineed have the 5 year warranty. I am going to the dealer to pick up a copy. I'll update the post with the specific verbiage once I get it.
Hey great news ZZ. Did the info I sent you help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.