VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'08 should be a 100".... 2008 and 2009 were lower compression and down on power from the 2006/2007 100" engines.
Cool. Thanks for the info. It is a 100. Sorry about that.

The only thing I want to add to the Vegas would be to add Floorboards. Don't need to add a kicker on driver side, just flat place to put feet instead of a bar. Any ideas on what would fit that model? I tried to do a few searches and nothing came up. Maybe this is the problem with buying this line is the accessories are not as available, like soemeone previously said. Thanks
Gordon

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

The only thing I want to add to the Vegas would be to add Floorboards. Don't need to add a kicker on driver side, just flat place to put feet instead of a bar. Any ideas on what would fit that model? I tried to do a few searches and nothing came up. Maybe this is the problem with buying this line is the accessories are not as available, like soemeone previously said. Thanks
Gordon
Floorboards and controls from a Kingpin will bolt right up... might need a brake line...

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
298 Posts

Gordon
I have the kuryakin foot boards. They are kind of a short footboard with an open lattice design. I find them perfect for the Vegas. You can change the angle and there are three holes to move them forward or aft of center. Center fits me well. I did add a shim, in the form of a piece of about .063 aluminum to cant the boards slightly up at the outside. You just cut a thin piece and slip it down between the peg and the board where it rotates to fold up. It's just gives your feet a slight outboard edge tip up.

another thing I did was to set the two boards at a slightly different rake angle. The gear shift side is a notch down from the brake side. I did this so I have enough clearance between foot board and shifter, even though I altered the shifter angle, which you will need to do. Then on the right side the angle is pitched where I can easily shift over to the brake without having to raise my foot.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ok. I looked at my boards. They are kuryakyn riot mini boards. They make a full board in the same pattern, but the minis suit me fine. They come in black or silver I think.
Other things to look for: nothing specific to the Vegas. Just what you would look for in any bike. Binding steering head bearings, loose swing arm bearings, and the mechanical part of engine operation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.