VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that my rear turn signals stopped working. The fronts still work and the brake and taillight still work.

Havent had time to look into it yet, hopefully after work today but I thought someone might have an idea of what could be happening.
Im a little confused by the symptoms
- Rear signals dont work but front signals are working -- I thought both fronts and rears shared the same fuse
- Taillight and brake light still working so the connector under the seat must still be plugged in

Cant think of anything that would affect the rear signals and not the fronts
It seems extremely unlikely that both turn signals somehow came unplugged under the fender since they have separate connectors.

Anyone have any guesses ?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Check wire harness under rear fender, these bikes have harness running under fender and sometimes it gets screwed up drops out of place causing rear tire rubs wiring exposing bare wire then causing a short. Regards

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check wire harness under rear fender, these bikes have harness running under fender and sometimes it gets screwed up drops out of place causing rear tire rubs wiring exposing bare wire then causing a short. Regards
Yep I thought of that but I would think that would have burnt the fuse and the fronts would not be working.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
No it didn't in my 08 that's why it was so hard to find, I had to remove rear fender take covering off harness to find problem with wiring which if I remember correctly was broke in couple of places (so wasn't grounding out anywhere and my fronts worked also. Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.