VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Wait man... the grasshopper backrest in that link is for the DRIVER.. not the passenger. BTW I have one of those grasshopper driver backrests on TWO of my bikes and I love them. They're not as fancy as some that tilt and swivel and all that, but 80 bucks and it is solid.. hell yah!

THIS link is for the passenger unit from grasshopper.. and I have no idea how well this would work.

VICTORY KINGPIN PASSENGER BACKREST

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive design
I've got a stock backrest and a stock tour pack I use the tour pack more because of storage.If I was going for cool factor I would get the sissy bar from Witchdoctor or make my own.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I liked the tour box so much from my KPT that when I got my XC that had a luggage rack on it I mounted my KPT tourbox on it. I think it looks pretty good on there. While not as big as the standard tour pack for the xc it weighs a fraction as much and holds plenty. I regularly use that box (and the huge saddlebags on the XC) to do some shopping. Makes for a great excuse to take the bike for a ride. :)

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I've got a backrest that should work, it looks just like Patman83's, I can post some photos if wanted. I'm looking for $100 shipped if interested.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wait man... the grasshopper backrest in that link is for the DRIVER.. not the passenger. BTW I have one of those grasshopper driver backrests on TWO of my bikes and I love them. They're not as fancy as some that tilt and swivel and all that, but 80 bucks and it is solid.. hell yah!

THIS link is for the passenger unit from grasshopper.. and I have no idea how well this would work.

I bought one of those Grasshopper passenger backrests and it didn't work out so well. It was very weak and would bend backwards with the smallest amount of pressure. Ended up buying a new Drag Specialties seat and a passenger backrest from Victoryonly.com. The only difference is that I have a Jackpot, not a Kingpin.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I mentioned that they do bend, but I found that if they are inserted all the way in they are far less likely to bend. They insert/remove so easily, it's one of it's best features, but I too noticed that if you don't get in the habit of pressing down on the backrest every now and then to make sure it's all the way down it is far more likely to flex. It's also just as easy to bend it back.. move it up in the bracket and bend it forward.. move it back down. I weigh 260lbs and at 6'2" and most of that above the waist I'm pretty hard on mine.. but it's still working just as well as it did when I installed it. I generally put my feet out on my highway pegs and lean back on the grasshopper, even push to take some weight off my tailbone and lower spine so it's not like I'm baby-ing it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Well, I was also talking about the passenger backrest, not the driver backrest. It might be made a bit different. I know that the one I have bends pretty easy. It also vibrates like hell if I don't have anyone on the back with me.

Reactions: kaitiff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

View attachment 543859 View attachment 543857 I've got a stock backrest and a stock tour pack I use the tour pack more because of storage.If I was going for cool factor I would get the sissy bar from Witchdoctor or make my own.
Would you ever sell your stock backrest? I can't find any anywhere?

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
@Hamley76 I have a backrest that looks to be identical to the one in the photo posted by @Patman83 above. I don't know 100% if it works, maybe he can chime in as well, maybe compare the photo with his, even take some measurements if needed to verify. I'll post pics for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
I"m going to have to rig something up myself at some point. I took the tour box off my KPT but kept the stupid flat rack... I'm too cheap to throw it away just because it looks like ass. It's solid as hell; even bolts to the back of the passenger seat so I'm not going to get rid of it. I don't think there's a passenger backrest that will fit/work with it tho.. so I'll probably have to get something and weld it t that rack or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still willing to sell me your original passenger backrest? Any pictures available?

@Hamley76 I have a backrest that looks to be identical to the one in the photo posted by @Patman83 above. I don't know 100% if it works, maybe he can chime in as well, maybe compare the photo with his, even take some measurements if needed to verify. I'll post pics for you tomorrow.[/

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
@Hamley76 **** sorry, totally forgot about it. I'd still like it to be verified that it's the same as in the photos. Give me a few.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Grey Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wood
Footwear Automotive tire Grey Motor vehicle Hood

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.