VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone know if the Victory Performance Exhaust/Muffler was the standard exhaust or an option from Victory. Just discovered today that the Muffler I have on my 05 was ridiculously rigged up from the previous owner to know I have to either replace it which I love the sound of this muffler or fabricate it to make it work.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
White Automotive tire Hood Light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
If the pipe says "Victory Performance" it is most likely a Stage 1 pipe which would have been a upgrade. It may also say "not for road use" or something similar.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Those are Stage 1 slip ons, an upgrade. I can’t tell from the pics but my guess is at some point this bike had the lower frame rail cut for an aftermarket exhaust only to be replaced with this exhaust which normally is installed with the stock mounting bracket on that frame rail.

Reactions: JBKPRider

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Not sure I understand the problem. The Victory Performance mufflers were an option. I have them on my KP and like the sound too. If the homemade brackets work and don't look bad; why not just use them?

If you don't like the look you can modify or replace them. You can also paint them black so they don't stand out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure I understand the problem. The Victory Performance mufflers were an option. I have them on my KP and like the sound too. If the homemade brackets work and don't look bad; why not just use them?

If you don't like the look you can modify or replace them. You can also paint them black so they don't stand out.
They work as in holding the two mufflers together but they're not really bracketed to the frame. The one piece of the bracket is also rubbing up against the belt pulley. I can most likely fabricate a better way to mount them but I'm unable to find any pictures of the stock mounting brackets to mimic if you will.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow! Those are the stage mufflers I just put on mine but look like they installed them wrong. The factory mufflers have the short side of the slash at the bottom like they are positioned on your bike. But the stage one mufflers put the slash to the side. It looks like they put the bottom muffler in the top position...I will get a pick of mine to show how they mount.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The top muffler in the pic above is the bottom muffler. So it looks like they wanted the short side of the slash like the stock orientation. But in this post here is how they should look when mounted. I'll bet the bottom muffler on yours has the words " victory performance" on it....and that is suppose to be the top muffler. You don't need any brackets. The mounts on the mufflers are a direct fit to the exhaust system and the bike. So someone went out of their way to do this.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive exhaust Automotive design

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see what you're saying. Yeah the previous owner of my bike did a number with installing the mufflers. He went and cut off all atbs that were on the true bottom muffler. I can see exactly where those tabs should have been. The top one though still has me confused on mine. The tab that is on there looks to be way to far back. Im sort of thinking of just trying to look for another pair at this point since these are looking to be a job to attempt to get than back to their proper mounting.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Wood Hood Bicycle tire Floor

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm doing some Research and it seems that the mufflers that are on my bike look more so of the stage 1 that go on the Hammer with that rear tab on the top pipe. So I'm going to say he managed to get them and modified them to my kingpin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh that could be. There are a couple Kingpin sets on ebay. A used set for $150 that look really clean and a complete kit with air filter and remap for $250
Amazingly I just found an entire new complete Stage 1 Kit for $200! Pretty sure I just stole that from them! I'm hoping to hit the hardware store for the 8M SOC screws and washers I need for the installation.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well fellas I received the "stage 1" kit I pruchased. Opened it up all looked well. I go out on the air filter and vented box cover all goes well! Go to grab the new mufflers and what do I find? No where on these pipes does it say Victory Performance! So I'm pretty sure I has a pair of stock mufflers here not stage 1. At least I'll have pipes that bolt onto the frame and bike. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes back on EBAY for the actual performance pipes.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Well fellas I received the "stage 1" kit I pruchased. Opened it up all looked well. I go out on the air filter and vented box cover all goes well! Go to grab the new mufflers and what do I find? No where on these pipes does it say Victory Performance! So I'm pretty sure I has a pair of stock mufflers here not stage 1. At least I'll have pipes that bolt onto the frame and bike. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes back on EBAY for the actual performance pipes.
The Stage 1 pipes on my 07 didn't say "Victory Performance."

Look on each and see if you see something like "off road use only." Should be on the back or bottom of one of them.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
What I bought appears to be an older version of the Stage 1 kit as listed in the 2005 Vegas/KP info book. Part #2874425
I'm sure it will work fine.

I actually prefer not having "Victory Performance" on my pipes but my 08's Stage 1 Level 2 do as they were a full replacement unlike my State 1 on my 13 which were just mufflers that used the factory covers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.