VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could it be true? As part of my buying process I stopped in to my local dealer as I wanted to check out different colors + models and try to sort out will it be a Vision or a Kingpin? I started out all hell bent on a Vision but after exhaustive research I am leaning more towards the Kingpin. In explaining to my salesman that I am not ready to pull the trigger because I am waiting to get my house in a month or two. I asked if he heard anything about 0 down no payments for a year. He checked and said Victory is offering those terms. Soooo... I am thinking why wait? I scheduled a road test for Saturday and I have a feeling that I will be riding home either a Kingpin or a Vision. Either way I am so exited I could wet my pants!

If anyone know about the details of that financing program I would appreciate hearing more about it!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Right on ZZ! Just make sure you do all the math for the full terms of the loan before you pull the trigger. I was all pumped when I got my 07 for 199/month. It was a fixed interest for 72 months only. 199/month would have taken 17 years to pay off. It was a minimum payment thing on a Polaris Star credit card by HSBC. I thought it was a bit misleading especially since the dealership didn't disclose a Truth in Lending Statement, which is law in Iowa. I love the bike and resent the dealership for not explaining the loan terms. I refinanced so all is well. Just be careful not to get "stars in your eyes" like I did. You guys probably all had this stuff figured out ages ago. I'm a little slow.

·
Registered
331 Posts
ZZ, as long as you fully understand the financing it could be a good thing for you. In most cases these are "bridge" loans until you get other financing or simply hold onto your money until the year is up. Though I have not read the specifics on this finance package in most cases you must pay off the loan in the 12 months or the interest charges go back to the day you took out the loan. So watch the dates and do not get caught. The interest rates are also pretty high...anywhere from 16.9 to 24 %. I use this financing in my business and if you do not explain it to the consumer very well they will hate you if they miss the payment date....Use it but make sure you understand it.
PS. Your dealer pays anywhere from 4-10 points for this financing unless Victory is picking it up. If you offer cash you can usually negotiate the points off your bike price.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a veteran of the auto dealership business so I am pretty skilled at negotating financing etc. What I failed to say was that I planned on paying cash for a bike after my house sells in 1-2 months anyway so I won't be using that credit long term.

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If you go to Vic's site up at the top click onshopping tools and find special offers, enter your zip and scroll down.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
In my zip (near Chicago)all i see show up is the 5 year warranty special. And actually its only 4 as they are counting the original 1st year from the factory. Nothing about special financing or defered payments. At leat that is here, i would think that if they were offering that in a different part of the country they would offer it everywhere. JMO

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the Victory website today and did not see it either. I am almost 100% positive it was on my local dealers webpage last night. Now I don't see it. When I go in there tommorow they better give me the straight scoop. I am in no mood for BS. I am going through a divorce and this bike is a little payback to myself. Hell hath no fury like a man scorn! At 6'-0" 245 I do a pretty mean Anthony Soprano. :)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
ZZ, i am learning that things tend to come out of the mouths of dealers, then after a day or two they develope amnesia. I posted in another thread question everything , then when you are fully satisfyed, Ask again !

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clubford00 said:
ZZ, i am learning that things tend to come out of the mouths of dealers, then after a day or two they develope amnesia. I posted in another thread question everything , then when you are fully satisfied, Ask again !
Like my Account Managers joke about... "How do you know when a salesman is lying...when his lips are moving".

I will be optimistic but cautious.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sounds to me like you know your stuff ZZ. I hope you get a stand-up deal on a spanking new Victory. I'm sure it will work out well. Have you decided on the Vision or the Kingpin?

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Scott, whatever "Deal" you do or do not get, you know you want the bike, so enjoy the experience and try not to let the money aspect of it deminish the fun of it all. As far as which bike? Its up to you to detwrmine what type of riding you will be doing most. Im partial to the Vision because if you pop the trunk off it becomes an all around town bomber. TYrunk on and it will go cross country without breaking a sweat. However Sydney has ove 100k miles on her Kingpin so thats a great all around bike also. Ride em both again go have some lunch to think it over then no matter what the decision, Ride home with a big ass smile on your face! Have fun.
Dean

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended getting a pretty sweet deal on an 08 Kingpin Tour Sands/Black two-tone and they are installing the Stage 1 Shotgun exhaust and K&N filter and air box as we speak and it's supposed to be delivered to my house in the next two hours. I'll post pics later in the Kingpin section.

I was planning on paying cash for one in a couple of months after my house sells so I will be paying it off then. So the nasty APR does not scare me. Worst case scenario would be to refinance it through my credit union. In the mean time I will float on someone else's money.

Thanks for the helpful advice from everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the photos. After you post them on the Gallery, feel free to start a new thread or place the photos here.

So, did you get the 0% financing deal? If so, details please!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Andy said:
Congrats! I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the photos. After you post them on the Gallery, feel free to start a new thread or place the photos here.

So, did you get the 0% financing deal? If so, details please!
We are supposed to hit 60 degrees Sunday (in Seattle we are ready to get out the t-shirts and kahki shorts!) so I'll get some worthy pics when I am out and about. For now here is a link to a couple of quick pics before I put her to bed.

http://picasaweb.google.com/zzedmonds/DropBox#

I did get the 0% deal. I would not recommend it if you are relying on it long term but 0% 0 down and no payments for a year made a lot of sense for me since I intend on paying it of in a few months.

I really wanted to by from Skagit Valley (35 miles away ) but the guys at Motoplex (2 miles away) came through with flying colors. That is a complete 180 from my experience in my last visit. Special thanks to Danny.

I am sure I will have many questions as get to know her! Thanks for all of the help from the good folks here!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was I supposed to be up looking at chrome trinkets until 1:00AM?

FYI, pics are updated in the Gallery!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.