VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching exhaust pipes for my 2010 Vegas 8ball. I am looking for something a little quieter at idle and in the low rpm range for my early morning neighborhood departure. I like the look of RPWThor’s, but received a recommendation of Bassani 2 into 1 as being somewhat quieter. I am curious if any comparison has been made between the standard baffles and the quiet baffles in the Thor’s and any other exhaust? I am also concerned about interference with regards to removal of the rear tire. I purchased the bike used and it currently has the victory swept exhaust installed.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have been researching exhaust pipes for my 2010 Vegas 8ball. I am looking for something a little quieter at idle and in the low rpm range for my early morning neighborhood departure. I like the look of RPWThor's, but received a recommendation of Bassani 2 into 1 as being somewhat quieter. I am curious if any comparison has been made between the standard baffles and the quiet baffles in the Thor's and any other exhaust? I am also concerned about interference with regards to removal of the rear tire. I purchased the bike used and it currently has the victory swept exhaust installed.
I have the Victory swept exhaust(x-bow exhaust) and I would be surprised if any of the pipes you mentioned are quieter. I love St Marys. Have visited it many times on my sailboat and a couple times by car. Nice town and nice people. Is that character bartender Cindy still at the bar by the marina?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I have the Victory swept exhaust(x-bow exhaust) and I would be surprised if any of the pipes you mentioned are quieter. I love St Marys. Have visited it many times on my sailboat and a couple times by car. Nice town and nice people. Is that character bartender Cindy still at the bar by the marina?
My mistake. I told him bassanis were quieter than thors, but had a brain fart and didn't compare the bassanis to his current pipes.

He bought it used though and previous owner may have removed baffles. No idea, but if they're too loud for the neighborhood, it may very well be the case. If It is, then if you like the look of the pipes you have now, you might look into getting baffles for the victory swept pipes @SolTrek . Maybe look into big city thunder baffles if this interests you. But otherwise, bassanis are quieter than thors with normal baffles. I compared my thors back to back with @IM12STPN bassani 2-1.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
My mistake. I told him bassanis were quieter than thors, but had a brain fart and didn't compare the bassanis to his current pipes.

He bought it used though and previous owner may have removed baffles. No idea, but if they're too loud for the neighborhood, it may very well be the case. If It is, then if you like the look of the pipes you have now, you might look into getting baffles for the victory swept pipes @SolTrek . Maybe look into big city thunder baffles if this interests you. But otherwise, bassanis are quieter than thors with normal baffles. I compared my thors back to back with @IM12STPN bassani 2-1.
They HARMONIZED pretty good along side each other :dance:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.