VOG Forum banner

XCT Windshield Options

8K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  Jose rosa 
#1 ·
I'm riding a '12 XCT and I love the OE windshield performance as it is (6'3" with a 34" inseam), but....
... we were in mountains a couple weeks ago and on two separate days, in two different mountain ranges, I had trouble keeping the fog build up off the screen (inside and outside) even after using the antifog spray I keep handy for helmet visors and goggles. These were days where the mountains were essentially in the clouds and going repeatedly from sunny to overcast to foggy sections of road triggered a number of rather sudden fog ups. It wasn't a huge problem daytime on the BRP but one night when it fogged up in the mountains, in the dark and in the drizzel, it was rather disconcerting to say the least.
So what I want is to see over the windscreen so I'm not blinded when this occurs - but not lose the air flow benefits of the factory screen for myself or my passenger.
I know, I don't want much do I?
My research so far points me to the 12" or 13" Madstad (I like the tinted flat top), the 14" or 15" 7Jurock flip or possibly a shorter 7Jurock flip with Madstad brackets.
Hopefully someone can chime in with their experiences with these and other combos that matched the air flow characteristics of the Tour windscreen.
Thanks!

See less See more
#30 ·

Check out Cee Baileys, they have a way to measure for the perfect fit.

#31 ·
Here's another good option for you, the Victory tall shield for the base XC with the chrome supports or w/s wipers as some say. I have one and it works great, it's just that I like the look of the Gustaffson Euroflip better.

#32 ·

Here is the bike with the Madstad 13" RG windshield installed. Though I've only 90 miles on it at this point I'm happy with the choice.

Larger Version

#33 ·

Drove my new Cross Country home from Kentucky (302 miles) -- my eyes were bone dry. I'm used to the windshield on my 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner where I have to look through it. After reading here I ordered the Madstad 11" RG -- 29" inseam.

#34 ·

Anyone have a cee bailey with the filled in shied? Im thinking of ordering one with the vent option.

#35 ·

2012 XC here with 11" madstad windshield system. I am 6 ft and happy. Stock stereo sounds fine on volume setting of 8. Waiting for my new goody lowers to be painted to seal the deal.
Many do not like the looks of the Madstad system but I do not think it is offesnsive and love how it works.
Ride safe but ride

#36 ·

baldwinkw said:
2012 XC here with 11" madstad windshield system. I am 6 ft and happy. Stock stereo sounds fine on volume setting of 8. Waiting for my new goody lowers to be painted to seal the deal.
Many do not like the looks of the Madstad system but I do not think it is offesnsive and love how it works.
Ride safe but ride
I am 6' as well and debating on either the 11" or the 13" screen. Do you think the 13" would be too high for you? With your 11" screen, how high does the airflow go over your head?

#37 ·

I have had several episodes of fog on my TALL (18") OEM windshield. Being short it was TOUGH looking over it (pretty much unsucessfully) or around (no fun either)...so I have tried a several different things.
First I tried anti-fog agents. DID NOT WORK.
Secondly, I tried the MadStad system. VERY well made, HIGHEST QUALITY windshield I have ever encountered, but I was unable to test during a "fog event". For me though...I could just not get past the LOOKS for my taste! So I sold the brackets and 11" shield (actually, I still have a LIKE NEW 13" medium tint shield).

Next thing to try was the Cee Bailey's, which I looked at numerous times. I decided to go ahead and order the OEM type shield from them at the 15" height. My concern with the Cee Bailey's was that they offerered no decal or blacking out of the location where the WINDSHIELD BRACKETS would show. Anyway, I bought the shield (15") and took it and my original OEM Victory shield to a local sign shop. They photocopied the decals from the OEM Victory shield and made some vinyl decals that worked PERFECTLY.
So now...I am an extremely HAPPY CAMPER!!!

#38 ·

ArkieBiker said:
Next thing to try was the Cee Bailey's, which I looked at numerous times. I decided to go ahead and order the OEM type shield from them at the 15" height. My concern with the Cee Bailey's was that they offerered no decal or blacking out of the location where the WINDSHIELD BRACKETS would show. Anyway, I bought the shield (15") and took it and my original OEM Victory shield to a local sign shop. They photocopied the decals from the OEM Victory shield and made some vinyl decals that worked PERFECTLY.
So now...I am an extremely HAPPY CAMPER!!!
Did you get the Cee Bailey with the filled in lower?
Do you get much buffeting with the CBailey?
Bob

#39 ·

No, I didn't get the filled in lower. Next time I might, but NO REGRETS either. My "ONLY" other wish is that they would offer a MEDIUM tint. They offer a light gray and an DARK "opaque" Tint. I would love something in between. But that is a very, VERY minor issue.
No buffeting, but I have never had an issue before. I have the XCT with the factory lowers.

#40 ·

ArkieBiker said:
No, I didn't get the filled in lower. Next time I might, but NO REGRETS either. My "ONLY" other wish is that they would offer a MEDIUM tint. They offer a light gray and an DARK "opaque" Tint. I would love something in between. But that is a very, VERY minor issue.
No buffeting, but I have never had an issue before. I have the XCT with the factory lowers.
Thanks, I too have the XCT I'll order the CBailey filled in lower and tint and the adjustable vent.

#42 ·

7367 Hey...if you call the order in...ask about a MEDIUM TINT option? [IMG said:
http://www.thevog.net/file/pic/emoticon/default/10500.gif[/IMG]
Ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.