VOG Forum banner

XC Tri Oval Stage 1 Exhaust Tips

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jetlag 
#1 ·
I bought the new Witchdoctor tips for the tri-ovals on my XC, but can't get the old ones off. See Tri Oval Exhaust Tip Style 1 in Exhaust Tips - Exhaust & Tips - Cross Country, Magnum, Roads - VM - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory Motorcycle Parts

I removed the screws, but the tips won't pull off. As shown in the picturs, they are an oval shape with a inset that slides into the pipes, so I can't twist them off. I tried hitting them with a rubber mallet and pulling on them from every angle, but no movement. Any suggestions for removal without damaging the tips or chrome pipes?

Thanks!

#4 ·
If you're replacing the tips, why are you concerned about the original ones. The new tips will sell with the bike. If the new owner wants the originals, he/she can buy them. Not your problem.

#5 ·
Have u tried to removed them after the pipes r warmed up I have done this to remove bolts at times don't know if it will work on the tips
I have not tried that yet. In fact, an engineer friend of mine suggested taking a heat gun to the pipes a few inches back from the tips to see if I could get them to expand a bit and release the tips. I sprayed some PB Blaster in the crevice this morning before work, and will see how they feel this evening.

#6 ·
How about a picture after you get them installed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.