X review

Discussion in 'Victory Vision' started by MeSeaHunt, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MeSeaHunt

MeSeaHunt Banned

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Pearl White Vision
    took my vision in today to have the turn signal lens replaced under warranty due to the known "LACK OF QC" and small hole in the top where they FORGOT to put that last remaining bit of rubber sealant outta the tube... [​IMG] anyhoo dealer had a stock red x-country as my loaner, [​IMG] so i was kinda excited since i have not ridden this model yet... sounded nice when it started up, [​IMG] only had 4miles on the speedo, so i was thinkin i would take it easy not to mention careful on the "new" rubber... didnt feel like making an insurance claim on a loaner(being 2up)!!! so off the wife and i went, well right off the bat she is squaking on the intercom [​IMG] that the round pegs are uncomfortable, then came the no passenger backrest, then so i could try to get all she was saying i went to mute the stereo and u guessed it, NO mute button? [​IMG] what a pain to keep turning the volume up & down whenever u wanna talk?? other than that it rode nice and it is a great bike for a solo rider (until u get a backrest(s)) its just not as comfy as the VISION!! and since the price of it is MORE than the VISION, i would expect a lil more outta the convenience package goodies... happy trails [​IMG]
  2. Work_Horse

Work_Horse New Member

2013 Cross Country Tour (Black)

I think you're a little bit apples to oranges here. The XCT is much more of a 2-up bike than the XC. Not that the differences are vast, though. Personally, I would have considered the Vision if I did a lot of 2-up riding since it handles a bit better 2-up (for me anyway). But I ride long trips solo and only occasionally do I put my wife on the back to go out to dinner or something. Therefore, the XCT was good for me.

It's always good to hear what other riders think ofthe XC / XCT though.
  3. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country

my wife loves the XC. she likes the backrest better than the trunk for comfort. she hates the floor boards and likes the pegs better. maybe you vision riders are just spoiled and think riding is supposed to be like driving a Cadillac lol. i like the wind in my face and the slight discomforts of riding. thats how you know how far you went, the feeling you have the next morning. just like the old military saying "if it were easy, everybody would do it" and then it would suck.
  4. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision

Bobby, riding a Vision is supposed to be very comfortable. That is the point of owning one isn't it?
    I am not at all surprised that the ride on a fairing mounted to follow the steering, like a batwing HD, is less comfortable than the ride on a fixed fairing bike. That was a major consideration when I went looking for a new bike. A fixed fairing can always give a far better ride to both the passenger and the driver than the other kind can. For one thing, there is no need to compromise between upper and lower fairing shapes to avoid interfering with steering. The fairing just sits there while you move the steering. That also affects handling for the driver, you don't need to move all of that air buffered mass of the upper fairing, it doesn't move. That can make a huge difference driving in traffic with a cross wind.
    I may be spoiled but will always prefer a bike with a fixed fairing for better coverage and more nimble steering. Just my opinion here.
  5. bikerbob

bikerbob New Member

2012 Cross Country Tour

Isn't choice a great thing!!!
  6. notaharley

notaharley Well-Known Member

2012 CrossRoads
    ...And.... If Mama ain't happy, then NOBODY is happy! Lol
  7. mister-g

mister-g Member

2012 vision tour

it just seems amazing to me that a dealer would take one of his brand new top selling models off the showroom floor with 4 miles on it and loan it to you while they change a turning signal lense on your bike,,, who does that ! [​IMG] , it was just brought to my attention that you may have just been the first ones out on one of his demo bikes. ( thats possible ), you see what i'm sayin though , right !
  8. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country

I was hoping someone would say this. thank you, you proved our point that you cant compare a XC and a Vision. two very different animals. I love my XC and cant see myself riding a Vision. too each his own, a more accurate comparison would be a Vision and a Goldwing.
  9. wesdalton

wesdalton Member

Victory Cross Country

Choice is grand, I spent a fiew hours on a friends Vision, it felt top heavy and way too much heat coming off the engine and pipes. I wouldn't trade for the XC. I didn't notice any difference with cross winds or any other difference with the handling due to the fairing. Only that the vision was very hot and somewhat top heavy. I guess that is why they make both. So we all can be happy. [​IMG]
  10. MeSeaHunt

MeSeaHunt Banned

2011 Pearl White Vision

I'm not really u/s ur point??? Yes it was a new demo bike, given to me as a "loaner"??? This sorta thing does happen in the dealer world, it's called EXCELLENT customer service/satisfaction... sorry u don't have that where u are at??? are u still confused??? [​IMG]