wrecked bike

Discussion in 'Victory Vegas' started by vegas0five, Sep 18, 2009.

1. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

Well it happened to me last night, somebody cut in front of me from across the road and I t-boned him and he kept going. My bikes front end is pretty jacked up, so I need to knowagoodplace to order parts. I figure I should put it back the way I want it, with somedifferent items such as the forks, rims,and exhaustetc...... Can you even order the whole front as an assy. ? any info will help a bunch.
  2. Dimonback

Dimonback New Member

I think we can assume you're alive and not beat up too bad?
  3. jerrythekingpin

jerrythekingpin New Member

yes you can eather order the stock front end or go on ebay and get a crome front end there is also the kewmetals prostreet front end hope you'r ok hope this helps !!
  4. Andy

Andy Administrator Staff Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cobra Driver, Callaway Irons
    Hey Vegas0five,

I'm glad to hear you're okay. Sorry about the bike...but it can be fixed.
  5. gbc141b

gbc141b New Member

Did the other person ever get caught? That's what would make me so mad about the whole deal. Yeah, you've got insurance but why use yours when someone else's should be.
    I know the feeling. My 10th got rear ended and after fighting with insurance and 4 months later they paid $16,500 to fix it back to original. They wanted to total it but that was not an option.
    Did you sustain any injuries? Glad you'll ride again. Sounds like the winter will be for fixing your bike. Hope it turns out like you want.
  6. bernomad

bernomad New Member

2013 Cross Country
    What a nightmare. Glad you're alive to tell the tale. Hope you're ok and you get you're bike back in order.
  7. ddawg

ddawg New Member

2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide
    Were you taken to the hospital??? Anything broken?? Torn???

I assume you are physically doing OK - your main concern was your bike - that's a good sign in an ugly situation. Best of luck with all the repairs to yourself & your bike!!!
  8. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

Yeah Im not beat up to bad except for the tweaked wrists and some small bumps and scrapes. As of now they havent found the guy. Yeah it would be nice for him to take the hit rather than myself. All I know is there is a red charger out there with a nice size dent in the side of it. Anyway thanks for the concern and comments. Jerrythekingpin whats the deal with the kewmetals prostreet front end ?? Is it a good set up and where can I check it out?
  9. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

I'm actually lucky because I think coming over the handle bars and hitting their car stopped me from any serious road rash. I think the adrenaline rush was so high I didnt feel anything that night. Although the next morning I felt like I got ran over be a herd of buffalo.
  10. Rick057

Rick057 New Member

Vision and Kingpin
    www.kewlmetalstore.com
  11. jerrythekingpin

12. zork52

zork52 New Member

I don't know where you live, but in N.E., try 1.Roger 2. Jeff,the parts guys at Mom's in Foxboro. Tell him Brian Lawrence referred you. www.momsouth.com
    508-543-1734
  13. Rollin

Rollin Active Member

Vision 8-Ball

Damn!!! Sorry to hear that. Good to hear that you're ok.
    Just to let you know, you can also puta Kingpin or Hammer(duel disc!!)fork on your Vegas.
  14. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

cool thanx for all the info it helps a bunch. Keep the help coming. Insurance guy takes a look at it tommarow, so hopefully I can get a better picture of what I will have to work with.
    For anyone who knows, should you replace the triple trees in a front collision w/ bent fork tubes or are they usually good if they dont look jacked?
  15. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

well, the insurance guy checked the bike out and said 99.9% chance he's going to total loss the bike. Which sucks cause my coverage on after market wont cover the cost that its worth. They will give me book on the bike plus $1000. He's going to give me a call and let me know what the buy back cost will be if I want to keep it. He thinks the frame might be tweaked since there is a small chip in the powdercoat right below a weld seem. (Is this acurate info? If anyone else has had to deal with this)
  16. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

I guess this will be my last post on this issue, since the insurance is going to take the bike, unless I buy it back. It seems it will cost more to fix (frame, forks, fender, wheel) than what the bike is worth.I was offered a pretty good price on buy back, but I just dont know if its worth it because of the frame issue and the r-title issue. Anyway maybe Ill just look for another vic and start over.
  17. VegasBaby

VegasBaby New Member

Not sure what you consider to be a "pretty good price on buy back" but if it were low enouh you have some parts on the bike that probably arent damaged that you could sell. The MBW turn signals, rear tire, sprockets, etc.....
  18. Hardball_3

Hardball_3 New Member

thats a tough decision.... suck to have to deal with it.. glad your ok.. i was looking at the pictures you have of your bike it looks like you already have a good deal of aftermarket parts on it. is the ins co. going to let you keep any of it and put the stock stuff back on it?
  19. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

The insurance wants approx $2400 for the bike, which I feel is a good deal, but when I start adding up the repair $, it starts going up quick. They want the bike like it is with the aftermarket on it, because the their field service person already got pics of it as is. I actually sold some of the original parts like bars and exhaust and alot of the other stuff actually has some damage.
    What does a 92" with 11k go for $. and how hard are they to sell?
  20. jerrythekingpin

you could part out the bike the engine if the front mount did not get damaged in the crash and crack the head is worth a couple of grand a long with any other parts that are not to badley damaged you could possably make that money back plus some but you never know untill you put them up for sale on ebay and any other sites ???