wrecked bike

Discussion in 'Victory Vegas' started by vegas0five, Sep 18, 2009.

1. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

Well it happened to me last night, somebody cut in front of me from across the road and I t-boned him and he kept going. My bikes front end is pretty jacked up, so I need to knowagoodplace to order parts. I figure I should put it back the way I want it, with somedifferent items such as the forks, rims,and exhaustetc...... Can you even order the whole front as an assy. ? any info will help a bunch.

2. Dimonback

Dimonback Member

I think we can assume you're alive and not beat up too bad?

3. jerrythekingpin

jerrythekingpin Member

yes you can eather order the stock front end or go on ebay and get a crome front end there is also the kewmetals prostreet front end hope you'r ok hope this helps !!

4. Andy

Andy Administrator Staff Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cobra Driver, Callaway Irons
    Hey Vegas0five,

I'm glad to hear you're okay. Sorry about the bike...but it can be fixed.

5. gbc141b

gbc141b New Member

Did the other person ever get caught? That's what would make me so mad about the whole deal. Yeah, you've got insurance but why use yours when someone else's should be.
    I know the feeling. My 10th got rear ended and after fighting with insurance and 4 months later they paid $16,500 to fix it back to original. They wanted to total it but that was not an option.
    Did you sustain any injuries? Glad you'll ride again. Sounds like the winter will be for fixing your bike. Hope it turns out like you want.

6. bernomad

bernomad Member

2013 Cross Country
    What a nightmare. Glad you're alive to tell the tale. Hope you're ok and you get you're bike back in order.

7. ddawg

ddawg New Member

2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide
    Were you taken to the hospital??? Anything broken?? Torn???

I assume you are physically doing OK - your main concern was your bike - that's a good sign in an ugly situation. Best of luck with all the repairs to yourself & your bike!!!

8. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

Yeah Im not beat up to bad except for the tweaked wrists and some small bumps and scrapes. As of now they havent found the guy. Yeah it would be nice for him to take the hit rather than myself. All I know is there is a red charger out there with a nice size dent in the side of it. Anyway thanks for the concern and comments. Jerrythekingpin whats the deal with the kewmetals prostreet front end ?? Is it a good set up and where can I check it out?

9. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

I'm actually lucky because I think coming over the handle bars and hitting their car stopped me from any serious road rash. I think the adrenaline rush was so high I didnt feel anything that night. Although the next morning I felt like I got ran over be a herd of buffalo.

10. Rick057

Rick057 New Member

Vision and Kingpin
    www.kewlmetalstore.com

11. jerrythekingpin

jerrythekingpin Member

12. zork52

zork52 New Member

I don't know where you live, but in N.E., try 1.Roger 2. Jeff,the parts guys at Mom's in Foxboro. Tell him Brian Lawrence referred you. www.momsouth.com
    508-543-1734

13. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member

Vision 8-Ball

Damn!!! Sorry to hear that. Good to hear that you're ok.
    Just to let you know, you can also puta Kingpin or Hammer(duel disc!!)fork on your Vegas.

14. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

cool thanx for all the info it helps a bunch. Keep the help coming. Insurance guy takes a look at it tommarow, so hopefully I can get a better picture of what I will have to work with.
    For anyone who knows, should you replace the triple trees in a front collision w/ bent fork tubes or are they usually good if they dont look jacked?

15. vegas0five

vegas0five New Member

well, the insurance guy checked the bike out and said 99.9% chance he's going to total loss the bike. Which sucks cause my coverage on after market wont cover the cost that its worth. They will give me book on the bike plus $1000. He's going to give me a call and let me know what the buy back cost will be if I want to keep it. He thinks the frame might be tweaked since there is a small chip in the powdercoat right below a weld seem. (Is this acurate info? If anyone else has had to deal with this)