Whats the difference in the Victory Owners Group and the Victory Motorcycle Club?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by PatriotRider_MI, Jul 16, 2012.

1. PatriotRider_MI

PatriotRider_MI New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory XC Tour
    So I seen there is another website called the Victory Motorcycle Club. Anyone know anything about it and is either this site or the other one directly affilated with Victory/Polaris directly?

2. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Neither are directly affiliated. Many of us frequent both. The way I see it, this is a forum and the VMC is a club, including paying dues. My impression...the VOG is a friendlier online place to come and talk bikes, get opinions and recommendations, etc. The VMC grants a longer leash when it comes to moderating the forums and it can get a bit testy at times, but the true value of a club is not so much the online forum, but the organized rides and rallies, the access to vendors and parts and the people in the local chapters that you will meet and hang out with. Obviously I see a value to both, but they do serve different purposes and you may feel differently than me, that being one or the other is not as valuable as I see them. In any event welcome to the Victory family!

3. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Victory Vision,Slingshot
    Neither site is connected to Polaris The VOG is this site it is free and open to everyone. The VMC is a pay to be a member site is restricted to Victory owners and has a roadside rescue group made up of members .

4. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    The VMC fancies itself a motorcycle club. Officers, elections, dues, meetings, chapters, and all that goes with it. The Vog is an internet forum and has no aspirations to be more than that. I do not choose who I ride with/associate with by what brand of motorcycle they own. I do not wish to dress up and play biker. I frequent many motorcycle forums, some I pay money to support, but I don't do clubs (Not a people person). You may also like this place for Victory information: http://www.victoryforums.com

• Like Like x 1
  5. PatriotRider_MI

2012 Victory XC Tour
    Thanks guys....I think I see the difference. I as well don't really want a club to belong to especially one that is only one brand of bike. What fun would that be...no Harleys to make fun of..LOL

6. ammo_umb

ammo_umb Member

2011 Cross Roads (Crimson)
    Simply put they are both Victory forums which are designed to allow people to help people. Both have most of the same information and the biggest differences are that you pay for the info on one while you get it free on the other and you can speak freely on one while the more tact is requested on the other. The biggest benefit of the VMC is that they offer a roadside assistance type program while the VOG doesn't. In reality this type of program should be part of riding motorcycles rather than part of a website. If you see someone on the side of the road don't check a website to see if they need help simply stop and help! If you have a problem you need help with simply ask for help and someone in your area will most likely offer to help!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    As has been said, the VOG is mostly a forum, the VMC is a club with forums. Both are great sources of information and even friends with a common interest. The VMC has chapters for different states and areas of the world with organized rides, rallies, etc. and can be useful to find riders in your geographical area.

8. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    We ride with all types of bikes and many of us own multiple brands. And we make fun of pretty much anything and anyone we can if the opportunity arises. If you want to get online and talk bikes, the VOG is for you. If your looking for fellow Victory riders to meet and events to go to, the VMC is invaluable. I like both.

9. randysfishing

randysfishing Active Member

2008 Arlen Ness Jackpot SOLD, 2012 Cross Country Tour Black
    VOG is like haning out at the bar and just talking in a very relaxed way and what ever topic comes up you are good to talk. VMC I use for information It has great information as well as froums. They are both good but VOG for life!

10. kychevyguy

kychevyguy Member

2006 Hammer
    two forums
    Victory Forums is the other site I also use. It's free and similar to the VOG (btu I like the VOG a little bit better.)

11. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Just don't try starting a discussion like this one over there, you'll get banned.

12. PatriotRider_MI

2012 Victory XC Tour
    Sounds like I found the right site the first time out!!! I was looking for a site that people were friendly and helpful along with being respectul to everyone else.

13. Rowebote

Rowebote Active Member

2007 Victory Jackpot; 2014 Vision
    Keep in mind that the VMC gives back to the community by helping organize a national meet, regional meets as well as parts of the AVR. Profits from VMC t-shirts sold at the AVR this year will go to the Wounded Warrior Project for example. There's more to the VMC then just a messageboard. It's run by member dues, not by advertisements. There is no one person that owns the VMC and profits from it like with the VOG. I don't know if Andy is making money off the VOG or not and more power to him if he is but it's still an indvidual's site. I'm not saying one is better then the other but it sounds like the VMC is getting cast in a bad light. They each have their place and I'd suggest you look into it a little more on your own before making a decision to avoid the VMC.

14. spider

spider OT-CAN

2014 Indian Chief Vintage # 718
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread also. I am a member of both sites, both have lots to offer anyone who is looking at buying a Victory or currently owns a Vic. As far as " cost " of membership, $15.00 for the first year then $8.00 a year after that is nothing in my opinion for the valuable information found on the VMC and the ability to not be swamped with paid advertisement. I have stated in the past I would gladly pay a similar fee to be a member here on the VOG but the way Andy and his team have set this up I just come here for free and the money I save I just put back in my gas tank :001_smile: Both are very good sites and each serve a different crowd with a common interest, Victory Motorcycles.

15. spider

spider OT-CAN

2014 Indian Chief Vintage # 718
    The VOG is a Victory Owners Group, the title itself leads one to believe it is a " brand " specific group, the main difference is you do not need to " own " a Vic to join, and on the VMC you only need to own a Vic to be a full member. Many people here and on the VMC own more than one brand of motorcycle, and I personaly will ride with anyone on a motorcycle no matter what brand it is. You will find a lot of good folks here on the VOG, there are " Meets and Greets " happening here and tons of posted events so you will not be dissapointed. Ride safe.