What'd you pay...

Discussion in 'Victory Magnum' started by 07R6superstar, Jul 25, 2016.

1. 07R6superstar

07R6superstar New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Jackpot
    Been doing lots of research on the Magnum (coming from a Jackpot). Finally got to dealer today and test rode the new X1. Love it. Question is how much did you guys actually pay for yours? Dealer didn't seem to want to come off much and I refuse to pay almost sticker price. Just trying to get an idea of what the norm is for discounts... $500, $1k, $3k??? Just want to make sure I don't play the fool. Thanks

2. Jeff hardball

Jeff hardball Active Member

Vic hardball
    That all depends on what promotion there running at a given time. You should have no problem getting 3k plus off at the end of the year or a year old left over. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gossamer

Gossamer Well-Known Member

Victory Cross Country Tour
    the X1 I believe is a limited production version of the Magnum. You're not likely to get a whole lot off at this point, depending on the dealer and their volume.

Go get a regular Magnum and barter to your hearts content.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    As was said, the X1 is a special case as in they're limited in production and dealers will stand hard on the price.

5. vision_nut

vision_nut Moderator Staff Member Moderator

vision
    Does it matter.
    you have the bike now so enjoy it and ride your ass off.
    There will always someone with a better deal and there's nothing you can do about it

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Kazzman

Kazzman Member

2015 Magnum
    The only deal you may find will be on a end of year model. I live in VA and went to Charlotte NC to pick up my Magnum last Aug. and payed 18,999 after military discount, end of year markdown and they through in Tri-Ovals, billet Floor boards and grips. With 5 year warranty, I was out the door 21,000 with tax and tags. MSRP with extra would have been around 25,500 without tax.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 07R6superstar

07R6superstar New Member

Jackpot
    Don't have it yet. I'm past the point of impulsive buys so I'm more patient and smart these days. Lol.

8. 07R6superstar

07R6superstar New Member

Jackpot
    When is the model end of the year? I saw somewhere where they said the new models would be unveiled the end of July so is that what they are referring to or would it be going into the winter or coming out of winter going into spring? Just trying to figure out how long I might have to wait for an end-of-the-year deal. Thanks for all the help

9. Darth_v8r

Darth_v8r Well-Known Member

2016 XC8BALL
    I have purchased two Vic's and I was out the door at the sticker price on both. I get a veteran discount though. My dealer sticker price is the same as Vic main website.

10. Kazzman

Kazzman Member

2015 Magnum
    It normally starts right after the new year models are released July / August time frame. I bought mine at the end of August and they only had a couple left. Check cycle trader, the bigger dealers will have the deals. I went through Ride Now in Charlotte NC

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  11. 07R6superstar

07R6superstar New Member

Jackpot
    Cool. Im in Arkansas and I remember me and my buddy trailed his bike to the Charlotte, North Carolina area to buy my 2009 lucky lime jackpot and then we rode through part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. That was an awesome experience.

12. Jeff hardball

Jeff hardball Active Member

Vic hardball
    Just because the x1 is special doesn't necessarily mean there will be no deals. Those assumptions just lead to overpaying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ariesnc

Ariesnc Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Magnum
    Well Ride Now Powersports in Concord, NC is where I purchased mine from as well. If it was me I would ask yourself if you have to have the X-1 over the regular magnum? If the answer is no then there are some deals out there on 2015 Magnums. Remember outside of color the biggest difference between the X-1 and just the Magnum is primarily saddle bag speakers. They are essentially the same bike. Also a few of the 2016 Magnums are available. If it's simply the stealth you want then end of year deals will be available as I doubt any dealer wants to have a bike just sit there even if it is a limited model. I received 3k off my magnum in December 2014 right at the end of the year.

14. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Well-Known Member

2016 Victory Vision in Blue Fire.
  15. El_Spanky

El_Spanky Active Member

'12 Vision
    On my '12 Vision I got 2K off... But once you got thru the BS it was actually 1K off...AND no dealer set up crap!! No it did not include the rebate that was actually more.. I only count DEALER PARTICIPATION!! X1 is a limited Model... So really can't compare.. GOOD LUCK!!