Went for a ride.....

Discussion in 'Other Topics' started by Old-Gramps, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Cross Country Tour
    about 1 hour or so either way in a westerly direction this arvo.... Filled in a couple of hours, 2 riding and about 1/2 just enjoying a milkshake at the other end of it.....

Got back into town and went for a visit to my nephew's place about 20 minutes north of the city, caught up with some gossip etc. and discussed the electrical wiring on his caravan..... Left there and on the way back into town, this bloody galoot with "P" plates and driving a 4 wheel drive high chassis thing decides not only not to slow down to take a right hander off the main thoroughfare down a side road, but i was hard on my brakes and swerving to miss him as he cut across in front of me.... I think I bruised my left thumb on the horn button as i was braking hard and swerving to miss him..... Gees these abs brakes and engine power braking works well together on these bikes.....

I have had closer calls but this one was what I would classify as a near miss..... A "P" plater here by the way for the northerners in the audience, is a person that has just got their license and classified as a provisional driver only.... They have all sorts of restrictions on them of which I do not know about off hand but well with a green "P" I think that is within the first two years of being a license holder.....

Wasn't quite a change of daks job but still scares one a little, as if he/she had their blinkers flashing to alert they were going to turn across the road, I would have seen it and possibly started to get off the throttle at least a little and changed down a gear or whatever I deemed to be fit at the time....

Thoroughly enjoyable day all up.....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Active Member

2016 Magnum
    Am I the only one that reads Old Gramps' posts in the voice of Paul Hogan? It makes it really entertaining in my head. :D

[​IMG]

3. Old-Gramps

2014 Cross Country Tour
    Take two asprin a day for the next two weeks and that horrid experience will disappear......

4. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Active Member

2016 Magnum
    How about Steve Irwin? Mel Gibson?

5. Old-Gramps

2014 Cross Country Tour
    Ones an idiot like hogan, I let you decide which one......