Victory Test Ride $100 Challenge

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Andy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Andy

Andy Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cobra Driver, Callaway Irons
    Comments?

2. Sutherland

Sutherland Well-Known Member

08 Kingpin/2013 CCT
    Andy It's to cold up here to thank them up on there offer Regards

3. dsjr70

dsjr70 Well-Known Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    Interesting, so how many times can I go do test rides?

4. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    A bit vague. Does this mean if I ride the bikes I get 100 dollars? Or do I have to buy a Harley to get the Benjamin? The latter is the only one that seems to make sense. Assuming that to be the case it's a great idea, but getting that message to guys planning on buying a new Harley this year is going to be a tough marketing job...

5. Andy

I was expecting to see a list of disclaimer at the end of the commercial and was surprised that it wasn't there. It will be interesting to learn the rules of this promotion. But I have to admit, that it is a bold move.

6. dsjr70

dsjr70 Well-Known Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    The Polaris website is down right now saying they are updating with the details of this event and their new sleds... Maybe we will know tomorrow...

7. Andy

Yes, I saw that too. I'm sure that many of us received Victory's email today announcing the new Test Ride $100 Challenge: [​IMG] When you clicked the link on the ad, you were greeted with this... [​IMG] A closer look... [​IMG] Could they have jumped the gun a bit? If you get some first hand info about this promo and an outline of the rules, feel free to post it here.

8. ddawg

ddawg New Member

2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide
    As I read it - #1 Test ride a Victory & get documented @ the Dealership that you did. #2 Go test a competitors bike - buy it. Go back to Victory w/ proof you bought the other bike - you are given $100 by Victory. You must buy the competitors bike & prove it to get the $100 from Victory. A pretty safe offer for Victory. Ballsy!! I respect it.

9. Rollin

Rollin Well-Known Member

YOU MAY THINK WE'RE TAKING A GAMBLE, BUT OUR RIDERS DON'T. THEY KNOW THAT WHEN IT COMES TO POWER, PERFORMANCE, COMFORT AND STYLE, NOBODY BEATS VICTORY. VISIT YOUR NEAREST VICTORY DEALER AND TAKE A RIDE, THEN TAKE A COMPETITOR'S BIKE FOR A SPIN. WE WANT YOU TO. WE KNOW YOU'LL BE COMING BACK — EITHER FOR OUR BETTER RIDE, OR A $100 AND OUR DEEPEST CONDOLENCES. [link='http://www.victorybestride.com/']http://www.victorybestride.com/[/link]

10. phoenix9

phoenix9 Well-Known Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    I think this one could go down in the annals of "what the hell were we thinking?!?!" Ballsy? Yep. Potentially painful? Yes. With that being said I commend Victory for putting their money where their mouth is. If I was looking to buy a competitive bike, why would you NOT go test ride a Victory (if they had a dealer close by) and put $100 in your pocket?

11. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    Well... You know what will be said... "Victory has to PAY PEOPLE to ride those things" Stupid marketing once again.

12. OneThumb

OneThumb OT-CAN

If I were a marketing director at a HD board meeting and came up with an idea like that, Sh!t, I'd be now working for Depends their stock just went through the roof.

13. BLININGER

BLININGER Well-Known Member

2009 Hammer
    Actually quite the opposite. Victory will only pay you if you end up riding the competitors’ bike. No one owning a Vic will have been paid anything.

14. poptop

poptop Well-Known Member

09 Black Kingpin Prem rpw Thor 2 into 1. cams and ajustable timing wheel S+S intake and flash
    It really doesn't matter a bit as it will get lost in there system and it will be like the memberships and other perks that are promised but never arrive . I love my Victory but am embarrass by there customer service . They can promise the moon but once they have your cash screw you! Oh and who the hell is going riding in Canada at that time of year . Gutsy probably market specific definitely and why not they dont sell much up here anyway . Why should they care . Im still mad as after 3 years and 3 new vics I still haven't got a simple magazine or pin nor for that matter a thank you to acknowledge my purchases.Maybe my brother is right at least there is a brotherhood when you ride a HD. Not much from Vic! poptop

15. Andy

While the rules of this promotion are still a bit vague (IMHO), I can only guess that what they are attempting to accomplish is to get riders who are actually buying a bike to take a test ride on a Victory BEFORE they seal the deal with another manufacturer's bike. This way, they can get potential purchasers who may have otherwise never stepped into a Victory dealer, to take a test ride prior to purchasing another bike. In concept, it's an interesting promotion as it gets new buyers into a Dealership. It has overtones of something Lee Iacocca may have done during his Chrysler days. "If you can find a better car, buy it." It would be nice to see the actual rules of this promotion so that we can clarify things such as: Can existing Victory owners qualify for the $100 after they've taken a test ride? Does the purchaser have to buy another brand of bike to get the bonus? As well as what are the rules of this. I still think it's bold and it's timed well as to hit prior to Bike Week and the Spring riding season.