Victory Motorcycles reveals production engine based on Project 156 and signals next product

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by NickJ, Nov 18, 2015.

1. NickJ

NickJ Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Indian Scout
    [​IMG]

Milan Italy and Long Beach CA November 18, 2015: Victory Motorcycles today revealed the production version of the engine that powered Project 156 up Pikes Peak this summer, and will power an upcoming 1200cc class motorcycle.

The engine was designed to deliver the strongest power and performance in its class, and was shown off in a concept motorcycle built by European builder Urs Erbacher. Erbacher is well-known in the European custom motorcycle scene taking several top awards and gaining international attention.

Erbacher’s concept – dubbed the “Victory Ignition Concept” was custom built around the first preproduction engine off of the line in Osceola Wisconsin. The concept features an aggressive stance and frames the engine with a cast aluminum chassis, performance suspension and brakes with an aggressive Project 156-inspired paint scheme. “I’m proud not only of this build, but what it represents for the future of the Victory Motorcycles brand,” says the Swiss builder. “Getting full reigns to wrap the new engine in an interesting bike is a real highlight in my career, and from what I can see any production bike utilizing this powertrain will be a fantastic ride.”

“Project 156 is a purpose built racer that took our engine design to one of the most challenging races on the planet – it was a proving ground like no other that set the bar very high for our team,” says Victory Motorcycles General Manager Rod Krois. “This engine platform, which uses designs from other Polaris products having sold over 200,000 engines, will deliver on the promise of modern American muscle that is in the DNA of every current and future product we sell. Victory will continue to aggressively plot a new course for itself and where an American motorcycle brand can go.”

“Victory Motorcycle – from day one – has been a brand designed to deliver outstanding in-class performance, reliability and handling,” says Steve Menneto, President of the Polaris Motorcycles Division. “Our new engine, Urs’ concept and news we’ll be sharing at the IMS in New York City will plot the direction not only of this fantastic new platform, but of this brand. We will continue to design and build the best motorcycles in every class we compete.”

The liquid-cooled four-valve engine has a 60-degree vee angle, utilizing double overhead cams that promise to make class-leading power. Additional details of the engine will be revealed in the months to come.

For more information on the Ignition concept bike, visit www.victorymotorcycles.com/ignition The display at EICMA, the international trade and consumer show, will be open for the public startingThursday November 19, and continues through the weekend. The Polaris stand is located in Hall 13. For more information log on to www.eicma.it/en/.

Fans of American performance motorcycles are encouraged to keep an eye on Victory Motorcycles in the coming weeks for more new product and concept motorcycles announcements.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Itch_1

Itch_1 New Member

Hammer
    Iam looking forward to seeing the end result i love it already and hope to see in a variety of forms ...say a scrambler to sport touring to naked let this bike be the beast that says how awesome victory is cant wait for the test rides to start

3. Gamewarden

Gamewarden Active Member

I am confused such a big deal about something that may never be. Is that the best Victory can do and am I them only one feeling this way?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gamewarden

Gamewarden Active Member

I am confused such a big deal about something that may never be. Is that the best Victory can do and am I them only one feeling this way?

5. Gazz

Gazz New Member

2013 Hammer 8 Ball
    I like it!

Hats off to Victory for spreading their wings, and show casing their skills.

No one trick ponys here! :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. mjw930

mjw930 Well-Known Member

Octane
    This particular bike will never be, it's a one off custom but the motor (and frame) is what will power the next Victory bike set to be introduced at the NY show in December.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gazz

Gazz New Member

2013 Hammer 8 Ball
    Quote;
    "Victory Motorcycles says that the Ignition concept WILL give way to a production model, which will debut at a later time."

So I guess they're definitely going to make one, it's just not clear what, exactly, it will look like.

8. rickkcir

rickkcir New Member

Indian(s)
    ..............a vic-Scout ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Duux

Duux Active Member

I'm glad it's a concept because that front header joining Y looks all wrong. Looks like they created the rear pipe in total and then just tacked on the front header.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 2edgesword

2edgesword Well-Known Member

2015 Harley Street Bob
    Are you going to play it safe and offer something that is just a slight departure from your existing line-up or are you going to go bold. If something close to this bike gets made it means Victory has decided to go bold. The trick is having enough resources to back up bold while not losing ground as far as the gains made in the cruiser/touring market.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Jacki24

Jacki24 Member

2010 Jackpot and 2012 Hammer
    Love it ! Can't wait for a test ride

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour

Me too! :biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Muzza

Muzza Disciple of the Cheese Wedge Gold Supporter

2014 highball
    Freak

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse Gold Supporter

2014 Victory Vision
    Well, it definitely has my attention. I am anxious to see what the production model will look like. I am glad that Victory is not afraid to grow, to take a chance and try new things. I think it's gonna be cool!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. racky

racky Active Member

Definitely looks like a V-Rod killer, maybe even a diavel / KTM Killer