Tri Ovals

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by mzummak, Apr 5, 2013.

1. mzummak

mzummak New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    victory vision
    I picked up my 2013 XCT Today after 500 mile service and Stage 1 Tri Oval Exhaust. I love the sound of the pipes. They are awesome !

2. XKnight

XKnight Member

Cross Roads

Cool! I'm giving the tri ovals some serious thought. I like the looks and don't want pipes that are loud, but wouldn't mind a deeper rumble than the stock pipes. And if the Stage 1 makes the bike run cooler and better then that's an added plus. Just have to get over the initial cost of these bad boys.

3. bamavic

bamavic New Member

'12 Cross Country

I like the look and the sound of my Tri Ovals. Low rumble at idle, low growl on acceleration.

4. jdavis4982

jdavis4982 New Member

Cross Country

I just broke down and bought the tri-ovals for my 2013 Cross Country. I like them. The bike sounds different low rumble. (what I was going for) I dont believe all the hype about low end torque the dealer was telling me about and less gas mileage. So far everything seems the same except the low rumble and the glossy tip on the back of the pipe. I would give it two thumbs up... Mapped and tuned along with setup and installation ran me $985.00 and a free oil change kit.

5. scorpion6

scorpion6 New Member

What's crap is the only way I know to get these is with the stage 1 package deal. Something I don't need, just the mufflers. I'd like to see some dyno numbers comparring them to stock and even the original stage 1 mufflers.

6. ndabunka

ndabunka Member

2011 Ness Cross Country

I've heard of others buying them without the Stage 1 (as they already had a PC-V) and (I think) that they were still pretty pricey (around $700). They DO sound VERY good though. Almost as good as the $800 Ness Thunderheaders but IMHO $700 or $800 is a bit "too rich" for a set of pipes.

7. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white

Glad to read posts of people likng the Tri Oval sound. I bought that set-up with my 2012 CCT. Is it normal to install them at 0 miles or wait till the 1st service. My CCT is inbound on a dealer to dealer transfer.

When I test road a used CCT last week, my only complaint was the exhaust system seemed to really constipate the engine. I like an authorative rumble but not a loud exhaust.

8. steve76t

steve76t Member

'13 Victory Vision - Sunset Red

You really don't need to have the bike broke in before adding the pipes & mapping. Break-in is break-in and the pipes won't make a difference if you do your break-in properly. I have heard that some dealers won't install the performance parts before breakin. But dealers will without question.

9. CAPTAMERACA

CAPTAMERACA Member

11 XC WHITE/GRAY

I'm still interested in this conversation. the Tri ovals sound good, but 'm also considering the Freedom Performance true duals. I'm not sure if I like the way the rear pipe routes around the clutch area. they both sound good, but i think the freedoms give a deeper growl. they also have technology involved in the system.(a five stage system ) plus the cost of the air cleaner and stage one set , that comes with the tri-ovals. have i missed anything?? i've only been bouncing this around for a year now.

10. silverhillbilly

silverhillbilly New Member

2013 Red and Black Cross Country

Added the Tri Ovals at 500 mile service[​IMG]. According to yalls price I got burned. 999.00 dollars plus tax plus one hour labor. The K&N with the remap came with it. I had them leave out the rubber sound strip. Do feel a little performance change. Very little. Definate sound change at idle with the air sucking. Not bad though. Good soud when throttle is twisted abruptly. Soon going with Lloyds Air Filter, IAV, Cams, Adjustable Timing and PC V along with a Dyno at Gainsville Victory. I hear Kevin is the best Tech in this area, although I will ride 6 hours to get to him. Not going to change the Tri Ovals. These are sharp, Like they were made for this bike design. Hope they dont get bad raps on performance end.

11. Chattanooga_Mark

$999.00 is the list price for the Tri Ovals kit and 1 hour labor is also the book rate. I had the dealer install the Llyods air cleaner on my 2012 CCT so they just charged me the difference in price between the two filters. I also very much like the Tri Ovals sound, form and function. A nice deep rumble at idle and when you get on it. With just a slight increase in deep rumble at cruising/highway speeds. They aren't loud as you may think of some H-D noise machines.

12. whitey04

whitey04 New Member

2013 victory vision

Who put them in? Randys? Did you notice a difference with the stage 1 remap yet?

13. flumpydog

flumpydog OT-CAN

2011 Victory Cross Roads

I am curious as to how you are finding the bike with Lloyds air cleaner and the Vic Stage 1 map? Any major popping or such?

14. Ru1K

Ru1K New Member

2013 Cross Country

I saw on a FL dealer a brand new XC with the Tri Ovals, in the sticker said "slip on only" so I guess you don't need the stage 1 setup.

15. Chattanooga_Mark

I'm loving the Lloyds air filter and the Tri Ovals. My dealer is Randy's Cycle and the technician who did the install is Chris., He also downloaded the new Victory fuel map. I do have some popping on decel and even sometimes on acceleration. But I wouldn't call it major. I can make it pop or not depending on how I ride it. I am planning on getting the PCV and the Autotune as my next round of modification. After that will be the Lloyds timing wheel and Lloyds cams.