Trailer Hitch

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by 2013VicXCTDave, Feb 27, 2014.

1. 2013VicXCTDave

2013VicXCTDave New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Cross Country Tour
    Anyone have experience with the Bushtec trailer hitch for the CCT. Or know of another company that builds trailer hitches for the CCT
  2. Cameron

Cameron Member

'13 XCT, '14 Indian Chief Vintage

I have one on my bike. I love it! Follow the directions, but don't tighten everything up until you are fully assembled, it might take a little motivation to position everything. I pull a fairly larger trailer with it with no issues.
  3. 2013VicXCTDave

2013 Cross Country Tour

Thanks I have used the Bushtec hitch on My 1800 Gold Wing and HD Ultra before and they worked well! They seem a little pricey, but work well.
  4. polocano

polocano New Member

2012 Victory Cross Country

Thank you very much for posting this. I was looking into it and waiting until I return home from this deployment to get that part installed on my motorcycle. it is interesting that I work on an aircraft that costs millions of dollars, yet I am very concerned about working on my motorcycle. How much does the Bushtec go for? Right now, the artist that painted my motorcycle is painting the trunk for that motorcycle and will get that delivered to my place.

Also, for trailers, any recommendations. I found www.theusatrailerstore.com and found a good price. Any suggestions is ways welcomed!! Thank you very much for everything.
  5. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision

I have never pulled a trailer but love the look of these ones. Yes, I have seen them in person.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=voyageur+xl+3+motorcycle+trailer&client=firefox-a&hs=tOC&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=sb&tbm=isch&imgil=uzUrAszvoCD9-M%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcSYhNKUTA-E4yM3SIauPVZdqFYB3JJ067VeCz6MlUu4FosTiP_6%253B600%253B450%253Bgnl5BA0i2hgtRM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.fibroconcept.com%25252Fen%25252Fproducts-and-services%25252Fproduit-12-motorcycle-trailer-voyageur-xl-3.cfm&source=iu&usg=__TJNyu6AxJmAKblejkfI49IsNFhQ%3D&sa=X&ei=GDwSU-6kFu6uyAHYxIGYAQ&ved=0CEMQ9QEwAw&biw=1920&bih=898#facrc=_&imgrc=uzUrAszvoCD9-M%253A%3Bgnl5BA0i2hgtRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fibroconcept.com%252Fimages%252Fproduits%252Fgrandes%252Ford-modif-car.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fibroconcept.com%252Fen%252Fproducts-and-services%252Fproduit-12-motorcycle-trailer-voyageur-xl-3.cfm%3B600%3B450
  6. Rewindguy

Rewindguy Member

2014 Cross Country Tour / 9 others

Got one on order, should be here mid March. Not that will be a problem as it's -30 with a - 37 windchill - and thats Celcius.
  7. michrick

michrick Member

2012 Cross Country Tour

Have a bushtec hitch on my 2012 XCT and tow 2 different trilers one is an Americas Best the other is a HF one converted to haul my mountain bikes. The XCT tows well and has no issues with power
  8. Heath

Heath New Member

2007 GL1800 Goldwing replaced the 2013 Cross Country Tour

Bushtec seems to pop up alot on the goldwing forums and having a decent hitch on my wing i can see why you dont want to skimp on a cheaper hitch, there are some cheap tubular hitchs for bikes around and they can flex alot and dont support a trailer as well as a good sturdy hitch
  9. Cameron

Cameron Member

'13 XCT, '14 Indian Chief Vintage

I pull a champion colorado. I found one I couldn't pass up used. Its a great trailer, I use it damn near weekly going to costco or lowes.
  10. 2013VicXCTDave

2013 Cross Country Tour

We've pulled trailers behind the different bikes for years. Everything from Cargo to Pop up campers, almost all have pulled well. We had an Aspen Camper with a King size bed that was really too heavy to pull behind a bike. Stopping without ABS was interesting to say the least . Bushtec seems a little pricey but can't seem to find any alternatives.
  11. dentdave

dentdave Member

2012 XCT

[​IMG]
    here is our Bushtec Turbo 2 . Its a 2006 I bought from a guy local and rebuilt it and had a buddy paint it to match the bike. I also have a Bushtec hitch and wireing harness. It pulls great , if fact you dont even know it's back there.
  12. polocano

polocano New Member

2012 Victory Cross Country

Please forgive my ignornace, but what is the difference between the ball hitch and the pin hitch? What is the most common thing for trailers? I notice on theBushtec website, they have a Pin hitch and a Ball hitch. I just want to make sure that I don't purchase the wrong thing. I notice on another website of a swivel ball joint: www.usatrailerstore.com. Thank you very much for the assistance.
  13. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision

A ball hitch looks like the one you see on most pickup trucks with just a round ball on it. A pin hitch does not turn so it would be used with an articulating draw bar or with one of those single wheel trailers that must lean with the bike to avoid falling over.