The Victory Combustion Concept by Zach Ness

Discussion in 'TheVOG.net News' started by NickJ, Dec 10, 2015.

1. NickJ

NickJ Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Indian Scout
    [​IMG]

And there we have it! The Combustion concept bike from Victory and Zach Ness. I think it is safe to assume the rough look of the new bike that will be coming out in the coming weeks or months from Victory.

This bike is as muscled as it gets! The tank and many of the body panels are very very similar to that of the Ignition Concept Bike that we saw a few weeks ago at EICMA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zach's bike features a really fancy Brembo caliper on the rear that I don't recall on the Ignition bike, but it might be a repurposed front caliper as well. The Combustion bike is running a single front brake on the front with wire wheels front and rear as well.

[​IMG]

MagnaFlow stepped in to work with the Ness crew to produce a shotgun-esque exhaust that terminates just before the rear tire, and it looks GREAT! That rear head tube looks like it gets a little hot, but I will take it. That can probably be sorted out with some tuning.

[​IMG]

The paint job was done by Eric Reyes, but the base coat looks to be the same sort of grey that was on the Ignition bike as well as the Scout. I think this is the stock grey that will be available in the showroom.

[​IMG]

The frame features the same sort of ground-up design that we saw in the Scout in it's integration of the radiator as well as lines that are quintessentially Victory. There is a lower cowling that was not present on the Ignition bike as well. I am on the fence about the way that it looks, but Eric did a great job with his line work by continuing the striping from the front splash guard down to the cowling.

[​IMG]

Up top, there is a little fly screen cowling that was not on the Ignition bike either. I am perplexed and wonder which light will hit the showroom. Will it be the fancy one that was on the Ignition bike, or this, more simple one that is on the Combustion bike? OOOORRRR, could we expect to see two bikes out of this?! One that is more entry level, and then one that is raced out. The upgraded components, like OHLINS piggy backs on the Ignition, and the less fancy ones on the Combustion bike might indicate that.

[​IMG]

The seat looks a little more "production" than the Ignition seat to me as well. I think we may see something very similar to this on the production bike.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

2. NickJ

Indian Scout
    [​IMG]

INTRODUCING THE THIRD CONCEPT MOTORCYCLE THAT WRAPS AROUND THE NEWEST ENGINE IN THE VICTORY MOTORCYCLES LINE-UP.

Zach Ness created “Combustion” as an answer to what an American Musclebike can be, with taut bodywork and graphics that emphasize the excitement Victory Motorcycles is bringing to the American Motorcycle market. The first and second bikes in this series included Roland Sands’ Project 156 and Urs Erbacher’s Ignition Concept that celebrate the evolution of the newest engine for Victory Motorcycles.

The American automotive scene is filled with inspiration for this latest concept motorcycle. Legendary Muscle Cars that emphasized power and light weight to maximize street performance were the inspiration for Ness’ build. The new engine promises stellar performance in the 1200cc musclebike class, and is part of the future for Victory Motorcycles.

Born into custom motorcycle royalty, Zach Ness is the third generation of custom builders. His grandfather, Arlen, and father, Cory, established a relationship with Victory Motorcycles when Zach was only twelve, so the brand has been part of his entire adult life. Surrounded every day by horsepower, style and innovation, Zach was the ideal builder to take on the challenge of creating the third concept around the new Victory Motorcycles' engine.

Ness worked with the Victory Motorcycles Senior Industrial Designer, Michael Song, to create this concept motorcycle. “This platform is awesome – loads of power, and an insane engine sound,” says Ness of the new engine. “The inspiration for the bike came fully from the throttle – I wanted to create a bike that was fast – light and ready to attack the next green light.”

The design for Combustion features key elements that speak to performance styling and power. Key design features include a quarter fairing, aggressive semimatte paint, sculpted side-covers, a trim fender and the characteristic Victory Motorcycles raised spine that flows through the body.

Ness’ custom background shows up in the wire wheels, intricate pin striping and clean details that include:

• Arlen Ness Knurled Grips
    • Shift Pegs & Foot Pegs
    • Custom Handlebars
    • Beveled Brake Rotors
    • Arlen Ness by MagnaFlow Exhaust: One-off stainless steel header featuring Arlen Ness by MF exhaust billet clamp found on our “Low Down” series exhaust
    • Custom Piggyback Shocks
    • Custom RideWright Spoke Wheels
    • Billet hub and rim with stainless steel spokes
    • Goodridge Brake Lines, and Fittings
    • Custom painted Brembo Radial Brake Calipers
    • Custom caliper brackets Front & Rear
    • Protype Stage One air cleaner
    • Paint by Eric Reyes
    Billet Accessories:
    • Hand Control Clamps
    • Top Riser Clamps
    • Engine Covers
    • Master Cylinder Covers

3. NickJ

Indian Scout
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. SubDude

SubDude Well-Known Member

16 Chieftain Silver Smoke
    I prefer the ignition. No disrespect intended to Zach, maybe his budget was much less.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour
    This Zak Ness bike looks closer to what Victory will release for sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Iron Ranger

Iron Ranger Active Member

2012 Victory Vision
    O.K. I see the headlight. Now please don't hang some ugly turn signal and brake light / license plate on that rear fender. Integrate L.E.D. strip lights or something cool. Holding my breath...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Keith Grey

Keith Grey Grouchy Old Member

2010 ABS Vision
    Except, I bet Mags, and maybe the dual front discs

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AZXCNESS

AZXCNESS Member

XC Tour
    I think it is beautiful. Way to go. Mind you I still love my bagger

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour

Yes I agree with you. I also think that each exhaust pipe will have a much larger muffler on the ends of them to pass the EPA restrictions. As well as the Scout has been selling for Indian, I think this bike will also be a hot seller for Victory for younger riders who are into sport bikes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Muzza

Muzza Disciple of the Cheese Wedge

2014 highball
    I'm with you brother subdude... In fact I'm kind of a bit disappointed.. I love Zach's designs however there is something just not pleasing to me here.. Others may love it and that's cool..

I don't know.. Maybe if it haes a fat rear end and form fitting guard? Maybe it's the way it sits.. I don't know.. The ignition to me looks far better..

Sorry Zach... Your designs are always amazing and i rate you as one of the best..

Just had to edit my post, I find myself coming back time and time again to look at Zach's design...

The more i see it, the more I like it!! There is a lot to take in.... Even the way the frame cradles the engine! It's old school cafe crossed with a bad ass cruiser... Mmmmm

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    Now if I was 17 again, I may have looked at that instead of the Honda I bought in 1969. But not being 17 and not on the look out for a new bike, I certainly would not even contemplate it..... I must say though, it looks like the Ness family has finally woke up to itself and young Zack is doing not only great design there but practicable as well......

• Like Like x 1
  12. Muzza

2014 highball
    If I was 17 again i have thrown myself at a highball.... Then a hammer and jackpot..

It's stance reminds me a bit of the old 80's kwaka 1000

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  13. rcupp

rcupp Active Member

2012 Crossroads, 2012 Jackpot, 2007 Guzzi Sold
    That exhaust looks horrid, rear fender looks very Victory(too big), otherwise looks good, looks like a production bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Muzza

2014 highball
    Check out the two side by side...

2016-Victory-Erbacher-Concept-38-633x389.jpg 2016_Victory_Combustion_Concept.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Muzza

2014 highball
    I may need to stand corrected....

The more I look at it the more I like it....

I do love the spoke wheels and the way he has integrated the radiator...

Mmmmmmm.. Bikes always look better in the flesh too..

I'm starting to swing more to Zach's design..

I guess I just want to see a new cruiser/muscle/tourer with a big thumping high torque air cooled 122 ci.. My cheque book would be out in a flash...

• Agree Agree x 1