The Official Political Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy, Nov 11, 2012.

1. norman

norman Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cross Country (Suede Nuclear Sunset)
    Not at all surprised to hear what you are required to do. From what I have seen, the ethics restrictions placed on government employees and the enforcement of those restrictions are more draconian than those the Politicians place on themselves.

As for Trump, the article I linked earlier is really worth a read and points out some of the complications involved for Trump to truly separate himself from his business interests. The idea of a blind trust doesn't really do much for me because Trump's business interests are not "blind", he knows what they are and will continue to know what they are even if they are in a blind trust, so he can still knowingly act to further his own business interest even if he doesn't have direct control over those business interest.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Redmule

Redmule Active Member

Victory XCT
    Barack Obama started with a Nobel Peace Prize and is ending his presidency with the Pentagon's Distinguished Public Service Medal.

[​IMG]

Sounds about right for a president who bombed 7 nations and became the first in U.S. history to be at war every single day of his eight year administration.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Keith Grey

Keith Grey Grouchy Old Member

2010 ABS Vision
    I had thought of that, BUT he could have divested himself by selling to his children and a group of investors.

He wanted to, "Serve the American people who have suffered at the hands of our current administration." So, I am less than impressed that he will not put that service first efore his greed.

Most others who "Serve" the public give up much more than some potential earnings on their reputedly $10 Billion worth.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. snobnd

snobnd Active Member

victory magnum
    Looks like they have an email confirming Hillary bribe the FBI to downplay her breach of protocol exposing thousands of documents containing classified material....to anyone who knew how to hack.

The lack of comment by the FBI on the new 299-page document raises serious questions as to why they failed to aggressively pursue criminal charges against Hillary Clinton when they had such damning evidence against her as early as 2015.

According to bombshell release from previous documents, the State Department ordered the FBI to cover-up the fact that Hillary had sent and received classified data using her unsecured email server at home:

Shortly thereafter [redacted] received a call from [redacted] of the INTERNAL OPERATIONS DIVISION [IOD] of the FBI who “PRESSURED” him to change the classified email to unclassified. [Redacted] indicated he had been contacted by PATRICK KENNEDY, Undersecretary of State, who had asked for his assistance in altering the emails classification in exchange for a “QUID PRO QUO.” [Redacted] advised that, in exchange for marking the email unclassified, STATE would reciprocate by allowing the FBI AGENTS to place more Agents in countries where they are presently forbidden.

This smoking gun admission, largely ignored by the media, reveals that the State Department bribed the FBI by offering them a quid pro quo deal for their continued silence and cooperation.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. norman

norman Well-Known Member

Cross Country (Suede Nuclear Sunset)
    Yup, his choice to run for President and to promise that he would take care of the conflicts as part of his campaign. The article I linked makes the case that he would be giving up more than just some potential future earnings. Even if everything was given over to his children plus investors, he would still know those business interest and could act to benefit his family. It will be very interesting to see how this all ultimately unfolds, but I won't be surprised if it ends with a President Pence within a year or two.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Still think they were in bed together, just went from playing the game to, I can win and based on his and wife's face that night, they were shocked...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    Your last sentence could be spot on. I don't see him getting kicked out, I see his kids making billions on their new found friends. Once the Trump family is set as billionaires I see him getting pretty bored with working day and night being presidential. Pence may very well become the most powerful VP we have ever seen. I don't see The Donald doing the day to day presidential stuff.

But whatever he does, it will be entertaining watching the media try to cover him. Van Jones head may explode by 2018. I really, really want to see that messy truth. :rofl2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    And kills kiddies with Drones, a real hero:

IMG_1909.JPG

• Winner Winner x 4
  9. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    Anwar al-Awlaki had a 16 year old US citizen son. He was not a terrorist, not on any list. He was in Yemen to see his father. We killed him with several others and never really explained why. Obama just said it was an accident. That one forever changed the way I look at what we do around the world. Like in Yemen when they say a good day is a cloudy day because the drones don't fly. Wow. In a country we are not at war with, telling the kids, its cloudy today, you can go out and play.

If the BHO drone program is not a criminal organization I don't know what would qualify. They murder people all over the world and very often don't even know who they killed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    ...I see the great orange toad has invited on of his tadpoles to grow fat and slimey in the swamp we was going to drain.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    But let a cop kill a thug and hell breaks loose... Come on, the son was the pointer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kurbs

Kurbs theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Top Poster Of Month

2012 Victory Kingpin
    Lesson learned: If your dad is a POS terrorist...don't visit him on a sunny day if there are drones in the area.

We don't need war here to have kids killed. Have you seen the Chicago shootings this year? Newark? Philly? L.A.? Detroit? More killed in ONE city than in Iraq total! Now add all the other other Liberal cities up and Trump was right. We need to address the killings HERE first.

We probably have more murders committed by Illegals a year than Iraq sees.

Hopefully the guy can do that. If not...he can blow it through his ass too.

This nation needs to clean its own sh!t up before whining about how dirty everyone else's house is.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    So it is your belief the US with no due process can kill its own citizens anywhere in the world they like for any reason? Oh, along with several of his friends and Yemeni citizens.

Lets expand on that. If Yemen had a "Kill List" for national security, would you be okay if they blew up a restaurant in Chicago to kill him? After all the guys father was a bad guy so they had to take out the son. They found him in Chicago to bad about the acceptable collateral damage?

So, both scenarios being exactly the same is it your assertion that under international law both actions are justified? Also can the US target a US citizen, not on a kill list, not listed as a terror threat and kill him?

I assume you think all the above is legal, just don't know where you get your legal foundation.

14. Redmule

Redmule Active Member

Victory XCT
    Agreed, more vampires from Goldman slacks

15. snobnd

snobnd Active Member

victory magnum
    Sometimes bad people just need to die, if a country is deemed to be a breeding ground for terrorist, The justification for taking out someone in that country is pretty self-explanatory.....if an American goes overseas and receives training to expose the American public to VX nerve gas.

What do you do?

Do you watch him and wait for him to come into our country with that chemical and I hope you were rushed him before he releases it or pass it on to someone else.

I guess it comes down to a judgment call.

And the chances of this happening grow day by day .

• Agree Agree x 1