Some possitives for the downtrodden

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by tree1979, Jan 9, 2017.

1. tree1979

tree1979 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2007 Victory Kingpin
    So after some thinking, I've come up with some pros:
    1. If something finally let's go in the engine, I'll have to get a big bore because I can't just get a new bike. And then I'll do my part to help the gurus keep going.
    2. At some point my bike will be collectable. And now it could happen more quickly.
    3. No more speculation about what advanced or upgrades will be coming to next year's models. Those of us not getting new bikes each year aren't that interested e every year to see that same threads restarted about the upgrades, and then the disappointment when it doesn't happen.
    4. I won't be tempted each year by the new shiny models that are exactly like last year's models.
    5. We can finally end the debate about whether or not Victory is the ugly step child to Indian. Yes. Yes it was.
    5. Lack of merchandise other than motorcycles no longer matter!!! Can't find shirts with dealers info on it like at a Harley dealer? No problem. You can't find the dealer now either.
    6. The gurus and top mechanics will be the ONLY place to go for service and advice, and we will no longer get BS answers of "its normal", "no clue", or "not covered under warranty". Real solutions when you need it.
    7. OIL THREADS WILL BECOME RELEVANT AGAIN!! Without Vic oil as an option, those that only use Vic oil will need real world advice from the a--holes that get pissed off by those asking for advice. Fun all around.
    8. Dillution of the brand will not be problem. Too many HDs on the road? Yes. Too many Vic's on the road? NEVER! Will only get more unique as the years go by!
    9. Possibly great prices on models currently on dealer floors. You feel pissed about Polaris pulling the plug? What about the independent dealer that stayed loyal through sluggish sales and lack of support the last several years? You want to say F you Polaris, but they're probably royally pissed. "You want a Magnum? Get that POS out of my store! Here are the keys!" (Legally not likely, bit you get the point)
    10. We all get to make new friends with the Hog crowed again! (not me, I'm riding my KP as long as I can, and still hope to get a Vision)

Stay classy fellow Victory riders, ride safe, and may the curves never straighten.....

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Highrider

Highrider Active Member

2011 Jackpot / 6 HDs
    I might still get a magnum, but no more than 10k for a low mile clean unit. Just look at Texas Choppers and Big Dog, their price fell immediately

• Like Like x 1
  3. nickr914

nickr914 Active Member

6. Any competent wrench can and will fix a victory, maybe they won't know every nuance like the guru's, none the less common **** can be done by anyone with half a brain and a manual.... It's a machine, nothing make me laugh more than something made out to be bigger than it is.... Example, had to change fuel pump on my truck so I pulled the bed half off, and banging, cutting and everything else, a neighbor said "I can't believe you did that so fast, i figured you would have it done in the spring", he just couldn't believe what everything looked like, started late one day woke up at 7 am finished at 9 am, bed back on and running...

7. Victory oil will still exist, it will just say Indian on it.... Currently amsoil is making Indian/victory oil, but if you don't like that Polaris will sell you the Indian oil kit.

10. Huh?????

4. smalls

smalls Active Member

2009 Kingpin
    You have 2 #5 statements, but #4 is the best! Oh, and if I could afford it, I'd buy your KP in a heartbeat...but black it out of course :). Hope all is well man!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tree1979

2007 Victory Kingpin
    This was all tongue in cheek. With so much butt hurt going on yesterday, wanted to lighten the mood. As for #10 it was a joke about going back to HD where many of us came from.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tree1979

2007 Victory Kingpin
    That's what I get for typing it on my phone when I can't see the when post in the screen

7. ccscott

ccscott Active Member

2016 Victory Cross Country
    Vics will never be collectible. This is just like GM killing Saturn, not like the original Indian going out of business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nickr914

nickr914 Active Member

Lol, I figured something was up, I do not understand why so many think their bike just became worthless, and parts are gonna disappear... My bike is worth me enjoying the ride, how many people here have gone out and spent 100-1000 dollars on one night?? I can say, I have to tell my wife no to eating out because per month it can be more than my truck payment, how many people stop for a $3-$6 cup of coffee multiple times a day?

Sorry none of that can give me the enjoyment my end of the line 2012 KP has given and still gives me... And in the last 5 years I spent less on my KP than on wife's coffee and "dates"... Hell just last anniversary cost me over 4k at a spa resort, 1200 for new carpet in living room, 1400 for new washer and dryer, just in one month I spent over 6 k, half of what I bought my KP for in 2011....

Talk about spoiled!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ccscott

ccscott Active Member

All of these are definately 1st world problems right? Our bikes have personal value to us, but the market value is ruined is what everyone is trying to say. In that way, its only worth someone will pay for it. This is only important if you trade/sell often.

Funny you mention coffee, I parked my own coffee pot on the desk behind me to cut down on costs.

10. Half_Crazy

Half_Crazy Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    I could have bought an American Ironhorse Tejas for $7500, that's how desperate the guy was to sell it.

I wonder if I can pick up an Octane for 1/2 price later this year...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. nickr914

nickr914 Active Member

well thankfully, since i bought a keurig my wife doesnt mind not going to DD for coffee... 80 k cups for 25 bucks works for me...

But yea these are 1st world issues, everything has a market value, diamonds for example, you may buy a 30k diamond, and tomorrow someone may offer you 3k, why because, really the diamond has no value but the one assigned to it by what someone is willing to pay for it.

I just look at alot of the complaints about the bike being worthless, then just think

numbers below thats my useless expenditure, I havent smoked since the price of ciggs went over $7/pack and currently close or over $10.... but I think about that over 3k a year I spend on nothing, my wife doesnt need a cell, mine is through my company, TV WTF, I watch 4 channels, k cups its cheaper than taking my wife to DD before she goes to work around 60/mo or 720/yr....

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  12. nickr914

nickr914 Active Member

to mention 2013 these prices were different...

TV+Internet 2905.01
    Netflix 422.54
    H Phone 693.92
    Cell 3,472.64
    Coffee 1,506.04
    Dining Out 9,081.76
    Liquor Store 1,327.59
    Groceries 28,615.08
    Total 48024.58 avg 16008.20/year

Yes I need groceries, maybe not all of the groceries I have purchased, but I like food(meat), dont need to eat out, dont need liquor, Home phone got used < 11 minutes a month, cell phone wife used only to call me to pick her up, coffee to wake her up before work TV and Internet and almost every premium they offered, watched ABC,CBS,NBC, and BBC, did I need any of it? these are numbers I can account for since jan 2013, this is not cash transactions, I cant even think of what I spent in cash, dining out, at a bar, liquor store or whatever....

I have my truck, which I paid 17k for, my bike I paid 13k for, truck is a great horse in winter, bike takes me for joyrides and relaxation.... I paid over 19409.50 just in "entertainment" and useless items over the last 3 years....

Appears Im a normal american, I spend way to much on things that dont matter, I have changed my home phone so it only costs like $20/yr, TV I will be canceling and either going DirectTV NOW and an antenna that gets 16 PBS channels, chiller, abc, cbs, nbc, fox, and others, cell phone is gone, so now to control dinning out, liquor, and groceries ****!!!! my fucking bike doesnt hold a candle to this ****!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. ccscott

ccscott Active Member

I can agree with most of that. I'm probably way cheaper than you though, on the day to day stuff. Those totals are for 3 years?

I guess I shouldn't say my bike is "worthless," but it is "worth less" as in, less that it was worth last week for private sale or trade-in.

14. nickr914

nickr914 Active Member

ya thats the since 2013-dec31 2016, but if you want to trade it in or sell out right I doubt anyones gonna say the company is defunct, im not giving you what its worth... I was offered 7k for my KP last year as a trade, just because they wanted me to buy an indian, but right now I just feel, I want to be done owing money on a piece of metal, and run it till it cant be fixed anymore, which i believe is an impossibility.... if need be i can buy a motor/trans for 2k, all of the maintenance stuff, from gaskets to bearings can be bought almost everywhere

15. ccscott

ccscott Active Member

I here ya. I think part of this is I was never really in love with the CC anyway. I could just never get it to be what I wanted it too be. I've always regretted trading my gunner for it. So in my mind, and I'm usually wrong about these things, I'm paying money for an orphan bike that I never really like that much to be honest.