Sena Bluetooth Works Great

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Chattanooga_Mark, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    I installed the Sena bluetooth headset, dongle and the Victory Audio Harness (Y cable) last night. I have a 2012 CCT and a Shark Evoline Series 3 helmet. Installing the Audio Harness was a breeze because all I had to do was remove the headlight for access to the oem radio where it plugs in. I wasn't looking forward to removing the fairing and was glad I didn't have to. The Sena dongle plugs into the Audio Harness and the Sena headset easily installed into the Shark helmet. It took all of about 3 minutes to sync the Sena headset to my iPhone and the Sena radio dongle to the headset. All in all it's a 30 minute installation taking your time to read and re-read the instructions.
  2. yankphan

yankphan New Member

2011 XC

will justthe dongle work if I dont need a headset ?? just looking to stream music to the bikes radio from my iphone... thanks
  3. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Active Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white

No, I don't think so. The Sena dongle that physically connects to the CC or CCT radio seems to only only pair with the Sena bluetooth headset in my helmet. The Sena bluetooth headset connects to my iPhone and to the bike's 'media' when I turn it on. If I used a non Victory bluetooth GPS, I think that would also pair with the Sena bluetooth headset. The Victory GPS, as far as I know, wires directly into the bike's radio so those instructions should come through the bike's speakers. Or through the Sena bluetooth helmet headset. As far as I can tell, the Sena bike dongle will not pair with anything but the Sena headset.
  4. psimpson

psimpson New Member

2011 Ness XC

I finally got mine to work right. When the bike was new it wouldn't power up so they put a new radio in. then it would pair but the sound was complete static.I had to fight them but they put another radio in and now it sounds great.
  5. milljp

milljp New Member

2013 XC Sunset Red

Can you switch between using the headset and using the speakers? If I am just riding around town I would prefer the speakers, but hiways and trips I would prefer the Sena headset.
  6. StL_Mike

StL_Mike Member

2012 Cross Country Tour
  7. SemperVee

SemperVee Member

12 RED XCT

It's amazing the sound coming out of my SENA headset.... when on the phone peeps have no idea I am not on a landline it comes through so clear....
    Now if I could only train my phone to call the right people thru voice dialing I would be good.
  8. milljp

milljp New Member

2013 XC Sunset Red

I have a Scala Q2..but I want the new Sena 20S. I hear that it it will pair to any brand. And has much better speakers. I would love to have my radio Ipod to come through the headset when I want it to and speakers when I am just tooling around.
  9. Big_Baazzoo

Big_Baazzoo Member

Harley Sportster, Victory Judge

I use the sena headset with my phone, I can make calls, listen to mp 3s and FM radio, use the gps on the phone, so far it's great. I don't know about the intercom, I have yet to ride with anyone else who has a Sena setup to pair with.