Resale

Discussion in 'Victory Vision' started by Ido10pin, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Ido10pin

Ido10pin New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    yamaha Venture
    Thanks for all the help on my earlier questions, One more for you I have heard resale on the Victory vision bike is not very good can anyone tell me why, once I buy one i'm not planning to sell but just in case I get sick and cant ride down the road for some reason. Just curious more than anything else Paul
  2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

2011 Vision
    Give it away when you can't ride anymore. I never, ever, worry about resale on my motorcycles.
  3. bubba

bubba Active Member

2011 XC, 2005 Kingpin
    Paul, go back to your other sight and post your stupid questions. HD's have no re-sale value today.
  4. phoenix9

phoenix9 Active Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    Bubba, you need another cup of coffee this morning? :) Victory resale is no different than any other bike manufacturer.....these machines are a commodity....and a depreciating commodity at that. That is a simple fact of life. Now, HD riders used to have the advantage of supply/demand imbalance that drove a "perception" for a couple decades that it was the bike that was valuable, when in reality it was the lack of supply that made the bike valuable. Now that supply and demand is no longer an issue, the reality is starting to set in and the resale value of H-D is plummeting from what it used to be. Is it higher than other makes? Yep, always will be due to the fact that H-D is the one manufacturer with the highest percentage of "emotional buyers". That will always help them. Anyone who uses the resale value argument is, by definition, one of those irrational/emotional buyers....they have just defined themselves. So I guess, to answer your question in a round-about way, Victory has less emotional/irrational buyers which keeps the bike at normal resale values.
  5. oemdesign

oemdesign Member

2011 Vision
    I've gotten to be emotional and irrational about my Vision.
  6. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Active Member

The first owner of any vehicle will always take a hit trading it in or selling it privately. Unless you have a rare vehicle in pristine condition. A Model T Ford that is in great shape will demand a price several times greater than its original list. A 2009 F150 will not sell for the original purchase price unless the buyer is a fool.
  7. hdfed

hdfed New Member

Victory Vision Tour Premium
    It will have a higher resale value than your Yamaha. Besides, a dealership is not going to give you top $$ for a trade. Better off welling any bike on your own. That "great deal" will be pushed on the back end of your new bike anyway. Bottom line from a HD/BMW rider... The Victory Vision is the BEST bike I have ever owned!
  8. dsjr70

dsjr70 Active Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    It is a recreational vehicle and as such will go up and down with the economy. Those who purchased a Vic, HD, Yam, Suz, Yaw or Honda around 2006 and 2007 will tell you that resale value sucks, I took a beating on my Vegas. Mostly because these were the people paying over retail for their bikes (their houses to). Someone that purchased in 2009 will give you another story. I purchased a 2009 Vision and traded it in a year later only taking $1000.00 hit on the bike. But I purchased it below retail and then there was a big incentive. I would never purchase any recreational product and worry about trade-in value.
  9. bubba

bubba Active Member

2011 XC, 2005 Kingpin
    I believe old Paul is just playing us. Just my opinion.
  10. phoenix9

phoenix9 Active Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001
    I know you do....but if he is, this is like hitting batting practice softballs out of the park. :)
  11. gadgetman01

gadgetman01 Member

2005 Victory Kingpin
    Resale on any bike is relative to the market the bike located within. I've seen pristine HDs priced both way above and way below their "book value". "Book Value" is simply a guide to estimate the buying/selling price. The market is what will drive it higher or lower. Many folks think that just because a bike says HD on it, it should command a higher price. Personally, I don't think so, but we are all entitled to our opinion. Sometimes selling or buying a bike is much better in another region of the US because of their economy or the supply of available bikes. Go try to find a nice Suzuki C90 Tour edition - there aren't any! It's harder to sell bikes in cold climates than in warm because of what it takes to ride in those weather conditions.
  12. RoBrown

RoBrown Active Member

07 Victory Kingpin
    I don't think about the resale on my bike. I didn't buy it to make money, so I just enjoy owning it. I agree with most of the posts here, that a bike is like a boat, since you don't need it, it's hard to get top dollar out of it. Where you are at matters as well. In Ohio, they are probably less than they are in Florida. Ride it and have fun. Rob
  13. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    They all drop like a rock. If you are concerned about resale you never, ever own a bike.
  14. bobbyg

bobbyg Member

2012 Indian Chief Vintage/Arizona Turquoise , Honda GL 1800 with Hannigan Sidecar
    Having traded a Honda an HD and Vision this season the straight up answer(in my experience)is yes Victory does currently lose more of its original value than other brands on trade in. Reason would be fewer buyers for the brand added to the fact that factory incentives make it more advantageous to buy new or unsold noncurrent yr. rather than used.
  15. kevinx

kevinx Well-Known Member

1955 Hyda Glide
    Based on percentage of of loss based on retail. Vic has a better resale then any bike other then BMW. Look at the books. HD value has plummeted because of a glut of repossessed bikes