VOG Forum banner

O2 Sensor theory with straight exhaust!

7K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  CPT PYRO 
#1 ·
Hey y'all,

I have an 09 Vegas and have thought about getting the Shorty GP Exhaust pipe ends from radiantcycles.com that just slip on the tail end of my stock exhaust. Will unplugging the O2 sensors help it rich out a little more to protect longevity? Also, does anyone know of anyone or ever used these type of "slip ons"?

Thanks.
Office supplies Cylinder Tool Audio equipment Gas

See less See more
#9 ·
#14 ·
Bikedad,

Who is turning this it into another FI tuner war thread? Seperate folks here were talking about the VFCIII and the AFRPLUS. No one brought up your favorite brand of the PCV or "tuner war" till you chimed in.
Just sayin,
WW

#12 ·
Wait until after the 500 mile if you are concerned about what they think.

I would avoid the remap/flash of the ECU. For what that costs you could get a VFC III and tune it with that. The VFC will require that the O2s be disconnected.

If all you are doing is slip-ons, the VFC will suffice. It works better if the ECU is left alone (not flashed).

#20 ·
Hey y'all,

I have an 09 Vegas and have thought about getting the Shorty GP Exhaust pipe ends from radiantcycles.com that just slip on the tail end of my stock exhaust. Will unplugging the O2 sensors help it rich out a little more to protect longevity? Also, does anyone know of anyone or ever used these type of "slip ons"?

Thanks.
View attachment 13763

#29 ·
I once purchased a similar set but didn't care for the results. I went from open stock header to these and felt that the decreased internal diameter of the slip-on tips restricted the exhaust too much. I don't know what these run, but the other set were 1.75" at the inlet and closer to 1" internally. Cost the same as these. I would not recommend, but they did look nice (enough).

#25 ·
Hey y'all,

Thanks.
View attachment 13763
have you put on the new pipes yet?

#40 · (Edited)
I installed them and ther is an adapter that is inside that slides out for the correct size for a Victory. They sound great. Drill a hole in the end of the chrome supports and they bolt into the holes that hel the old muffler bracket. Use the same bolts View attachment 19262 View attachment 19263
@jparra830 Don't suppose you have a video? I'd love to hear them

Also, what flyscreen are you using?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.