No aircraft carriers at sea

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by snobnd, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Kurbs

Kurbs theVOG.net Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Kingpin
    I have to admit, at 1st this story seemed unbelievable. But for an entire week it was actually true.

From an Intel standpoint that is mind boggling. My guess is Barak Hussein is deliberately trying to sabotage the Trump Election somehow. If he could create or allow an international incident right now it could take the attention away from Oblamacare that polls have shown Americans want to see stopped by a majority of the nation within the 1st 6 months of the Trump Regime.

Placing this nation in a precarious situation like that is paramount to Treason. He should be arrested right next to Hillary an hour after the Inauguration. I have never in my life seen any president trample the Constitution so often and so recklessly as he has done. Not to mention his other directives and executive orders that have stripped American people and military power down so much.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kevinx

kevinx Well-Known Member

1955 Hyda Glide
    Y'all do relize that with the range, and strike capabilities of modern aircraft. There is virtually no corner that can not be reached with a land based craft. Plus we have several fast strike capable crafts out there. They are in effect mini carriers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Kurbs

2012 Victory Kingpin
    Yeah I had to take a fast hop on a the Tarawa once when we got picked up outside Iran. Helicopters and Harriers, Amphib class that moved pretty damn fast. made to carry Marine Expeditionary teams. Plus the WASP Class ships. But they carry at most 15 attack choppers and half a dozen Harriers. A Nimitz Class Carrier can haul 85-90 aircraft if you include choppers, EW AEW, and harriers, or 130 Hornets by themselves. And those are becoming dated. The newer Ford Class will make those look small.

To date we have about 10 carriers and 9 Amphib types in service. That is one HELL of a lot of fire power. Not to mention each carrier has its own battle group attached that normally has 1 Guided Missile Cruiser 2 LAMPS (Light Airborne Multi-Purpose System) Capable Warships (Anti-Submarine and Surface Warfare), and 1–2 Anti Submarine Destroyers or Frigates.

As for sitting around doing nothing...did we learn nothing from Pearl Harbor?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    What do you mean? Are there squadrons of planes heading toward our fleet? The carriers are not all in the same place. What country will load up their carriers and destroyers and sneak them to Norfolk hitting us by surprise in an air raid?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    Yes, and it would be nice if we had defense systems between us and a threat.

6. Kurbs

2012 Victory Kingpin
    same thing the dumbasses said when we were warned about Pearl and the Twin Towers.

go back to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    Everywhere except for Libya I guess....because Obama's in office and you will be arrested for launching a rescue mission.....just ask the two generals who tried.....oh that's right you can't they're still in jail.

But not for long...MAGA

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    I didn't think you had an answer for it. They have not all been in at one time since WWII. Well, maybe its time the world saw we don't need a carrier in every corner of earth every day of the year exerting our influence over everything. Didn't the French spell us in the middle east with their carrier just about a year ago?

It seems like a complaint looking for a problem rather than a problem needing a complaint.

Who says Obama ordered the carriers in? Please post a link where the carrier tours were countermanded by Obama and ordered home early. I can't fine one. The Navy doesn't seem to be afraid about it.

Where are the subs? Where are the Air Force? The big bombers? Harriers?

Unless France teams up with the Italians and comes after us I figure we will be alright. Wait, they have 3 carriers between them, our carriers are at more locations than that. Nope, the plan is out.

Here it is, I found the threat they retired the jump jets but the Thai navy is coming for us. Man, and do they look pissed. :badgrin:

[​IMG]

9. VicVisionBulldog

Who let the guy with no motorcycle out of the political thread. That was the perfect place for him since I never go in there.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    Do you have an opinion in this thread. I stay out of your cop thread as you generally get it wrong so why bother being in it. Yes I sold my Victory a year ago. Who made Kurbs an Admiral able to determine what Admirals see as not a problem as a problem. Hmm I think my years of owning Victory motorcycles still exceeds yours if that is a requirement. Come to think of it my 45 years of motorcycle ownership may exceed your years too.

So, how do you feel about this thread?

You guys have 10 carriers. I wonder if China and Russia get all girly afraid if they don't have carriers in every ocean. Oh, they don't, I forgot.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  11. VicVisionBulldog

It's been stated but you probably missed it while you were Monday morning quarterbacking something else you know nothing of.

@Kurbs
    Ron is a master of defense and police tactics but has no real world experience on any of it. He has more hours in his armchair than he ever put on the Pin. Notice he said "ownership" and not riding.

If I had one VOG wish it would be to have Bigfoot return and sad tx Ron go away. I still have hope.:rofl2:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    You will probably never get that wish. I will stay just for you.

You just go ahead and be all afraid over that week of carriers and then the normal folks will squeak by knowing we have so much more than carriers. And if you don't want me out of the political thread tell the folks to post in the political thread.

13. VicVisionBulldog

It is my job to be afraid for the people I protect....."the normal folks."

Stay as long as you wish. I hope another Vic is in your future.

14. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    I sense a real desire for someone to slake an intense inferiority by proposing one's superiority to others.
    Interesting, as I thought WE all were of the same nation and therefore shared "ownership" of all things federal.
    Also interesting. Would control or have all other's acquiesce to his demands. And, yes, TELLING someone what to do is a demand, or command, if you will.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. greaserman

greaserman Active Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads Classic LE #148
    I'm sure there are real threats out there, but with satellites and technology now a days I think you will see them coming a month before they arrive if you are worried about being invaded. The aircraft carriers are great as a preemptive strike.

The threat I worry about more and more is what is already happening more and more often. Lone wolf gun men walk in some where and start shooting, or a dude in a truck plows into a crowd, or a bomb in a garbage can.

No air craft carrier will help you with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1