VOG Forum banner

My New '12 Cross Roads

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  scooter1 
#1 ·
Hello,

I picked up my new Cross Roads this week. What a great bike! I had a few things waiting for it such as a tach kit which I installed.

I also have the light bar kit and I quickly reached a stumbling block with the install. I was backing out the first turn signal bolt and when I thought I almost had it out, it seemed to be jumping a thread.....the nut spinning maybe? Strange situation as I can't see where the nut is. I was able to tighten back up without an issue. Any ideas?

Anyway, it's a beautiful bike and this looks like a great site!

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome and you're gonna love that bike more and more as you ride it.

#9 ·
Thanks! Hmmm, I will try and locate a schematic so I can see exactly what you are explaining. Sounds like I should order a set of inserts before I go any further as I will most likely need them to reinstall after light bar ( which really isn't a light bar) is installed.

#18 ·
You made a great choice...... Ride safe.

Reactions: 12Vic
#21 ·
Thanks! I have a new set of rails but haven't installed yet. I like the look without, but I realize they should be on. I haven't gone back to driving light install since I figure I will need new directions after I remove the current ones. I felt the nut/bolt giving way so I tabled that project.

#22 · (Edited)
I haven't gone back to driving light install since I figure I will need new directions after I remove the current ones. I felt the nut/bolt giving way so I tabled that project.
If you have the tubular crash bars you could always return the driving lights (Or sell them on here), and buy a set of lights that mount on the crash bars. These look nice:

Victory Motorcycle DRIVING LIGHT HIGHWAY BAR MOUNTED KIT CHROME Victory Only Motorcycle Custom Parts Accessories Aftermarket

#24 · (Edited)
Cross Country bars arrived...... I am thinking just need to loosen things up and slide off/on or is there more to it?
If you don't change cables or brake lines, you'll need to reroute the brake line from in front of the triple tree to behind it. I think I had to disconnect the brake line at the splitter and reroute the line, and then bleed the front brake after I was done. I installed Speedbleeder brake bleeders at the same time, so bleeding was made easier, another low cost/high return upgrade. For the throttle, you'll probably have to remove the 2 cables and reroute them behind the triple tree. I used a pick tool with a curved end on it to get under the cables and remove/install them. It would be a good time when you have the throttle apart to install a 1/4 turn throttle ring, very inexpensive, and one of the best improvements I've made to my bike. I believe the rest was just remove and reinstall. It's definitely a tight fit as far as cables and brake line, there is not much extra. Some of the cables have excess under the tank. and you can pull it out. I don't think the clutch cable was a problem. I used a few tie wraps to neaten everything up after. Make sure nothing binds when you turn the handlebars each direction full swing when you are done. BTW- this is probably not a job for someone who is not technically/mechanically inclined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.