Lloydz comments on Victory ...

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by MRMAXX, Jan 9, 2017.

1. MRMAXX

MRMAXX Well-Known Member

You can find this on Facebook too...

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 12
  2. jetlag

jetlag Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cross Roads
    A very intelligent response, thank you Lloydz! I will be keeping my Victory for a long time, as I originally planned.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JamesBond

JamesBond Active Member

2015 Magnum/ 2005 Big Dog Chopper
    My thoughts exactly!:clap:

4. lmn2k

lmn2k OT-CAN

2010 "Skull and Bones" XC
    Well Said!:dankk2:

5. SemperVee

SemperVee Member

12 RED XCT
    I Love my Victory CCT. No plans to sell yesterday or today.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jlvazquez6

Jlvazquez6 Member

2014 CCT
    Well said, I did not buy this bike to sell it in the future, so if it runs I will be ridding it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ccscott

ccscott Active Member

2016 Victory Cross Country
    Lloyd, you're probably right about most of this. But don't reasonably expect any Vic owner who just took a big $$ hit to go back to the well and buy a 'performance cruiser' from Indian. They only way I'd do that is if they'd do some sort of buy back program, and I'd only do that to get out of my bike. The book on my bike probably went from 15k to 7 or 8 instantly. Polaris just made it damn near impossible for me to trade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jwfuchs1

jwfuchs1 Well-Known Member

Cross Country
    Thanks for sharing. I just wished I didn't live so far from his shop or even Kevin for that matter. I still plan on paying a visit to Rylan in March.

• Like Like x 3
  9. PJRo

PJRo Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Hammer 8-Ball
    Just back from his shop ....it was business as usual for me ...with my bike sitting up on the Dyno !!
    What me worry ? NOT.
    :)
    Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

2014 Victory Vision
    Mr. Greer is mostly correct and I like that he took the time to reach out like that. What isn't accounted for in this is that Mr. Greer has a great customer base, and you guys that are lucky enough to have a place like Lloydz close enough to you are likely going to be just fine. But what about the rest of us? Like those of us out here on the left coast that have no such support base and no other option? We are screwed, plain and simple. I most likely will not suffer too badly because I do have a great dealer that even though I have not spoken to them yet will do their best to keep this machine running great for the rest of the time I have it, which hopefully won't be too long. But if you think it is tough to get parts now, just wait a couple of years. And those warranties that are supposed to be honored? Yeah, good luck with that too.

Polaris F**ked us. But guys like Lloyd, Kevinx, Jon, Rick and the others that we know and respect will take the sting out of it for a good many of you out there. The rest of us will have to make other plans. I know I will.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. army24

army24 Member

2014 Judge
    Thank you!
    I bought my Judge because I liked it and knew it would probably be the last bike I own - hey I'm 68! I've done all the Lloydz upgrades and just had it dyno'd. It more than meets my wants and needs and I've figured it was money spent and not invested. Bottom line is it a great bike and build (thanks to Draggin Pipe out here in Newberg, OR). One of my things is it is not a bike like all the others and I like it that way. I'm sure it will still bel running hard long after I can't climb aboard anymore. Built to ride and built to last.
    From what little I know my sense is that these bikes will be around for quite a while yet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MRMAXX

MRMAXX Well-Known Member

I don't know.....but I'm not to upset about this...not a life charger for me.

Way to much drama about Victory closing...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. UIWMC

UIWMC Active Member

14 Vic XR8ball
    You guys will continue to get a bunch of us die hard Vic owners cause mine will be on the road as long as I can fix it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Highrider

Highrider Active Member

2011 Jackpot / 6 HDs
    Well putting lip stick on a pig is still a pig, I have an older Triumph, getting parts is difficult ( you need to do all the research yourself) getting some one competent to work on it is well, a pure gamble and usually $$$$ with shipping. Now saying all that, as long as the Indian dealers help out with tire changes etc the Victory is pretty tough, and being mechanically inclined, I can usually trouble shoot, but honestly my 5 year old Jackpot has had no issues really.
    It is too bad Polaris didn't try to sell off the brand, I am sure a smaller privately owned company might have had interest, but I am sure using the established dealer network would be a no. Polaris wanted no more competition.
    Enjoy your bikes guys, but know, there is a day coming when you will need a serviceable bike for trips. I for one am really glad Harley is so Strong. My preference only.
    Be sure to keep on top of all maintenance issues and possible buy spare parts like drive belts, OEM Parts you want etc, cause they will be unavailable sooner than you think.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. roadbum

roadbum Member

Victory Octane
    This is just what I needed to hear. We still own a high quality motorcycle that is not plagued by problems. I still love my Victory and it would be a mistake to have a knee jerk reaction and do something like sell the bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1