VOG Forum banner

Knew it was coming....Fringe

17K views 175 replies 61 participants last post by  Flyboy 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Ecoregion Automotive tire Vehicle

See less See more
#79 ·
I don't know why that passenger back rest bugs me as much as it does. It looks like they completed the bike and then said "****, this thing is going for almost 30k, shouldn't the passenger have a backrest? Go get me some glue"

And those ugly arm rests. They look like an attachment from a dentist chair.

#5 · (Edited)
I think I just threw up a lil in my mouth. It's what I Imagine the love child would look like from a threesome consisting of a 50's buick, a creamsicle, and Buffalo Bill.

#6 ·
OMG... take a close look at that trunk and backrest.. Now.. for those of you in the know look back at a picture of a Kingpin Tour and the tour box on it.. that's the same damn unit with different wrapping! I know.. I have one on my bike and that is damn near exactly the same.. the backrest pad is slightly different but I"d bet you a plug nickel I could unscrew it from that and put it on mine. Now they went from paint and fringe to stealing pieces from Victory now.

#7 ·
Well, I stand corrected. They actually can make it uglier.

#10 ·
Yea and heyyy,,, wait a minute here,,, didnt I see those arm rest brackets at my Dentist office with trays mounted on em last time I was there.....
Why do I get the feeling that the moneys saved by Polaris's closing of the Vic line that were suppose to be used to focus on the Indian line went toward some kind of golden parachutes or bean counter party... I had this same feeling in my gut back when us trusting tax payers handed all that money over to those failing banks and,,,, never mind,, cant be,, Polaris aint that kind of company...

#80 ·
Yea and heyyy,,, wait a minute here,,, didnt I see those arm rest brackets at my Dentist office with trays mounted on em last time I was there.....
Why do I get the feeling that the moneys saved by Polaris's closing of the Vic line that were suppose to be used to focus on the Indian line went toward some kind of golden parachutes or bean counter party... I had this same feeling in my gut back when us trusting tax payers handed all that money over to those failing banks and,,,, never mind,, cant be,, Polaris aint that kind of company...
Beat me to the dentist chair point. That's exactly what I thought.

#15 ·
They can keep it.....

#18 · (Edited)
Maybe it's just me... but the phrase "all new" is way over used. What about this is all new? The name isn't even all new. Most of that is from the bike this "all new" bike is based on. I got an email a while back about this new model coming out. And then... yup. They fitted a different trunk to the RoadMaster. Oh well. Maybe the next all new bike will be where the next gen Vic parts find a home.

#26 ·
That could be the most hideous looking motorcycle I have ever seen. Must be an acquired taste. Like a dog licking its ass.

I'll never understand fringe. I bought a shovelhead FLH eons ago. I kicked it over in the driveway as the former owner looked on. As it was warming up, I took out my knife and cut all the fringe off the leather grip covers he'd put on. I couldn't even imagine riding 20 miles back home with that nonsense. He looked at me like I'd just spit in his cheerios.

#28 ·
I always felt sorry for all us Victory riders every time they brought out a supposed new model. Just a change in paint etc.
Now I feel sorry for our Indian brothers. And I don't have an Indian.
Sorry but It's embarrassing being associated with Polaris and their marketing/design gurus.

#40 ·

#41 ·
YASSSS

A fellow meme junkie!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.