VOG Forum banner

I hope this is a new trend...

12K views 134 replies 46 participants last post by  legbuh 
#1 · (Edited)
Called my dealer yesterday to ask about some parts. I noticed he has move a sh!t ton of bikes the past couple weeks.

Said the new and used Vics are moving fast, and he just ordered a dozen new ones from Polaris.

And he has not dropped his prices other than the factory rebates. Most of the ones I saw the past couple weeks are gone. And some others have deposits on them.

Not many used ones left either. Most of the ones taken in trade are gone.

He may have to buy from other dealers this summer to keep stock up at this rate.

It's not even high season for bikes, it's been in the 20's here.

BTW a HD lifer bud in Daytona yesterday saw a Vic stand fir the first time. He's buying one. Even though he knows they are defunct. And get this...he's buying a Vision....lo.

And when he saw mine after i texted pics, since he lives in Texas he asked if I'd sell mine to him since he tell in live with KP and freaked they don't make them anymore, or even swap for his custom chopper with 10 miles, 120 hp S@S he hand built and can't sell.

Idiots at Polaris....

See less See more
#3 ·
Tells me that they will increase in value when none are left to be sold.

#4 ·
As a dude who's spent the past couple of weeks in the market looking for a new bike...

Definitely seems a sellers market for new and excellent condition used machines. Especially in the touring category of bikes.

Feel lucky I found a great bike at a reasonable price. Agree that these bikes value will increase over time.

#5 ·
My dealer said that he will not discount prices on the bikes. Tennessee law is that Polaris will have to buy them back at what he paid for them, so there is no reason to discount them to move them. He has sold quite a few since the announcement.

#7 ·
A local dealer here has been making buying trips to other Vic dealers here in Alberta. Primarily the ones that don't move many bikes anyway because of their country locations. Selling everyone of them too.

#11 ·
Yeah, they will sell with good prices. The rebates are not hurting either. Some feel they can wait and hope the prices drop lower, but by that time you will be getting what's left and picked through. Heck there's even a guy on here who says before too long a new $20,000 Vic will be selling for $5,000 or less. I don't believe it for a minute.

#13 ·
I find it hard to tell what will happen. Sales guy at one dealer saying people buying them hoping they will be worth a lot 20 years from now. He did not seem convinced. Over at Daytona today and they sold all CCT they brought over from Ocala plus any they had at the Vic dealer at Daytona, the day prior. Had one blue vision left for $18k, well $17,999 if that makes u feel better. A magnum 16 flat white for $19k.

My money would be on a #7 of 100, 2017 Indian chieftain jack Daniels edition they had at the dealer increasing in value. They will auction it off and sales guy figures it will go for over $100,000 easy. List price about $35k. Seems one did last year as well.

#17 ·
My dealer here in Vancouver same thing. As soon as the announcement was made in January people started buying up what he had. He said all the people who wanted one now jumped before they're gone. That was a month ago. I wonder how many if any he has left. He said he'll start calling other dealers to get more. Polaris might end up selling more now than ever before lol.

#22 ·
It's probably a matter of supply and demand regionally. We're not in the riding season by me (major snowstorm coming on tuesday) and the closest dealer has Octanes at $8.5k, Gunners at $10.5k, CCs at $13.5k, CCTs at $16.5k and Magnums at $17k. It will be interesting to see where those prices are in May and if any of those bikes remain.

#26 ·
I don't understand this.
My dealer here couldn't move a Vic if his life depended on it.
So I logged onto his web site hoping he would drop his prices and the Vic's are all gone.... sold signs on them all and this was before the rebates came out.....
There is a couple of used steel frame bike with BIG price tags on them...
WTF I can't believe it..
It seems they are selling like hot cakes.

Most sought after bike out there.....

#27 ·
Reactions: torotim
#28 ·
I started looking for a second around the time of the announcement. Picked up a 2015 Gunner for under 8k. Yes, I know I could have gotten a 2017 for about the same price now but whatever. I'm not in the market for a 3rd (something small, solo seat) and I've been all over cycletrader, craigslist and ebay and the prices are all over the place. Thinking I'll probably end up with a Vegas, Boardwalk or Hammer but I just can't decide which and how much I'm willing to spend. I won't buy new but if the price is right... I will. I'm falling in love with this guy, but not sure the bars would work for me. Does it belong to someone here?

Reactions: poppamark
#30 ·
I would love to have that in my garage.
Very cool

#34 ·
I should be picking up my octane tuesday. As long as the banks come through! Tell ya, i've been nervous about buying it, Until I seen this post.

question is. I can get an octane for about 8500 OTD or I can get a Gunner for 9500 OTD
Now thats my biggest worry! haha
I noticed on Craigslist there is a dealer few hundred km away really blowing his vics out the door. He is selling a highball and a gunner for $11,500. Down from $16,500 msrp here in Canada. I paid that much for my Octane a month ago. And I was happy cause I got a $1000 off. Not the local dealer tho. Not yet. Anyway now Im wondering what if I got the Highball. :)

#31 ·
I would love to have a garage about now. I'm thinking about contacting the owner tomorrow, I don't think it's too far of a drive.

#33 ·
Randy's right? I was there Friday morning to drop off some parts. I was surprised how many used bikes they had on floor. Rod said they have a ton more in the barn. I did see several Jackpots or Hammers on the floor.

#35 ·
Called my dealer yesterday to ask about some parts. I noticed he has move a sh!t ton of bikes the past couple weeks.

Said the new and used Vics are moving fast, and he just ordered a dozen new ones from Polaris.

And he has not dropped his prices other than the factory rebates. Most of the ones I saw the past couple weeks are gone. And some others have deposits on them.

Not many used ones left either. Most of the ones taken in trade are gone.
Is that at Randy's? Glad to hear he's doing well. I'm hoping to head out there in a few weeks for my 500 mile service. I did notice that my Vision was gone a few weeks ago - I wonder who got her.

Reactions: Kurbs
#37 ·
Is that at Randy's? Glad to hear he's doing well. I'm hoping to head out there in a few weeks for my 500 mile service. I did notice that my Vision was gone a few weeks ago - I wonder who got her.
It was someone who posted it here and then joined up a few weeks back.

#40 ·
Huh, I missed that one somehow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.