How many of us Victory owners are loyal to our brand?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by ProudVicRider, May 3, 2013.

1. ProudVicRider

ProudVicRider Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Indian Chieftain
    I was thinking about this today after a buddy of mine who rides the other made in America brand were talking about our bikes. He believes that his brand is better than our Vics and that if any of us think our Vics are better its just opinion based. He's very loyal to his brand and stated he would never buy a Victory because he hates the way they sound (my bike sounds like a hot rod with my RPW's, he disagree's). I consider myself pretty loyal to Victory. I love my bike and I do believe that it is a smoother, more comfortable, more power and a more dependable bike, but I would never rule out buying another make or model if one met my needs and could prove to be superior in all of the most important to me categories. I certainly don't think that my bias towards Victory is opinion though based since the facts are out there to support my claims. I stay away from the mine is better than yours arguments because no one ever really wins regardless of the facts so I'm not trying to convert anyone.

I'll stop my rant, but I'm curious to know how many of us Vic riders are as loyal to our current ride like those from the other brand are? I think the overall success of Victory will ultimately be dependent on it's core customer base if it's going to be around for the next several decades. I still get excited when i see other Victory's on the road....
  2. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country

Im loyal to Victory because I own one but i would ride/buy many other brands too including Harley. all of my Harley buddies love our Victorys but dont want one because they would lose that secret, hidden thing they get for riding a HD. They cant explain it. Ask your HD buddy if he would ride a Vic if it were given to him free and clear. see where his loyalty lies then.
  3. Putter

Putter New Member

'09 Hammer

I really like my Vic and have no plans to switch to another bike. In four years, I haven't seen another that I would trade for it, regardless the price or brand. When asked, I say good things about mine and other Vic bikes. I believe that they are the best made American bikes made. However, I'm no expert and its only my opinion. Moreover, if I found another that I liked more, I would switch regardless the brand. The bad bikes are gone. My loyality is given to whatever product meets my needs and fits my budget. Is that disloyal? I think it's being realistic. In my opinion, blind loyality to a brand or product is stupid. It only helps company's that don't constantly work to improve their products.
  4. spider

spider OT-CAN

2014 Indian Chief Vintage # 718

I don't care what anyone else rides but when some try to tell me they have a superior motorcycle because of a name I gladly educate them.

My Vic is mechanicallybetter than my last two Harley's, it had more power stock than HD and now with my mods it will take quite a bit of cash to compete with mine.

Ride what makes you feel good, no need to try to make others feel bad about their choice.
  5. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf New Member

Cross Country Tour

I am loyal to the point that Victory fit my personal shopping criteria at the monent the best of any brand, I have never purchased a bike that met my needs 100% there always seems to be some scrifices. When I make my next purchase my criteria very well likely will be different it usually is. My desires and wants seem to always change with the passing of time and what is the most important criteria for me the next time will likely be different. So in the end I guess what I am saying is for me its anybody's game and if Victory makes the best bike for mytastes next time around I will get another, but it may not be. I can say this much at the moment I am very much enjoying my CCT and don't have any plans in trading anytime soon. But I do plan on getting cams installed sometime this summer :)
  6. spamaster

spamaster Member

2013 Victory XCT Black

I would say 99% of folks hereare not loyal to a brand that is why we have aVictory. If anyone here gets a new Victory and is a POS, they might buy another one but if it happens twice I doubt it.

I had Honda's most ofmy life and still owe one but they did offer anything like the XCT so they lost me. If I was loyal I would have bought one of their 1300's or a GW.
  7. dsjr70

dsjr70 Active Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads

As a multiple Victory owner I have to say no I am not loyal... Right now Victory fits my needs. I still went out and bought a Fury and a Concours during the time I have had Victory's.

Pretty much I will buy what ever I feel I will ride the most.
  8. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country

this coming from a guy with enough money evidently to buy all of our bikes. how many bikes have you had?
  9. RoBrown

RoBrown Active Member

07 Victory Kingpin

Based on the fact that this is a Victory centric forum, I would expect the responses to be pretty biased towrd being a loyal Vic owner. I really like my Kingpin and have nothing but good to say about Victory, but I will not limit my choices to Vic only when it is time to get another scooter. They will get first dibs, but they might not offer the style I want next time. That and I am really excited to see the new Indians.
    Rob
  10. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country

yea hopefully they stick around the low price point of "starting at $37,000". otherwise im gonna buy a CVO Harley lmao!
  11. BLININGER

BLININGER Active Member

2009 Hammer

I love my Victory and will say if there is ever only 1 bike in my garage like now it will probably be a Victory. But if I get to a point where I can afford more than one I will probably have more than one brand also. I woud love to have a V-Rod or a Ducatti.
  12. ProudVicRider

ProudVicRider Member

2014 Indian Chieftain

As I expected I have yet to read a single post from anyone here saying that it's got to be a victory all the way, no matter what.If i was on the HD forum and posted the same question I'm willing to bet that at least 90% of them would only buy an HD no matter what. maybe people who buy Victories are more leaders than followers?

So far I pretty much agree with every post and I'll buy which ever product suits my needs the most when I'm in the market for it. Motorcycle included.
  13. jandjp

jandjp Member

Vision

I will be loyal to my Vision until someone else canproduce something better.
  14. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin and Victory Vision
    I have brand gratitude more than brand loyalty. My top three bikes as of right now would be Kingpin, Diavel, and V-Rod. Probably in that order. I did demo ride a Street Glide a couple years ago and have to say, even though I can't name one specific thing it did better, I still really liked it. The only claim I would take umbrage with is that we only like Victorys because of an opinion. Duh, everybody's personal preference is an opinion, especially if your preference is for a slower bike that can't corner, has less storage, and higher maintenance costs. I won't knock him for liking something else until he knocks me for wanting what I like. Because of brand gratitude If I was shopping today the Victory dealership is the first place I'd go. I wouldn't rule out the others though, especially since my #1 favorite isn't being made anymore.
  15. Bear965

Bear965 Member

2012 Vision

I agree with what everyone has said I love my Vision I think it is the best bike for me right now. I will buy another Victory if they keep making a great product, if they don't I have no problem changing brands.

Victory is going to cause HDs to be made better just as the cars coming out of Japan made the American cars better in the 80s. People just bought what ever ford and Chev put out and they put out a poor product. When they saw their business being taken away by a lower priced better product they made a better car. Today Ford and Chev make a very good product. The hope is that HD steps up.
  16. Nepper

Nepper OT-CAN

Yamaha/Suzuki/VictoryVision

No loyalty here. I love my Vision and I wear a few Vic crests and stuff but in time who knows what I'll be riding. Each time I've bought a bike I did so because I thought it was the greatest for me at the time. Right now even though I still think my vision is best for me I have to admit that I can hardly wait to see the new Indian.
    Nepper's nickel
  17. MeSeaHunt

MeSeaHunt Banned

2011 Pearl White Vision

the sooner u realize ur bike is NOT "made" in america the easier u will win ur arguments/discussions w/those "other" brand owners... it's ASSEMBLED in america..... [​IMG]
  18. crossdresser

crossdresser New Member

Victory Cross Country,1983 H-D FLHS,2009 H-D FXDC

I own and ride both brands Victory and H-D I traded a 07 FLHT on a 2012 XC. Harley is a good MC and I still enjoy the one I own but Victory is betterengineered than H-D. In 37 yrs I've been riding H-D I've learned H-D makes changes but usually not improvements i.e theaccessories you bought for the one you own won't fit on the next one you buy and you can start over again. Now when it comes to motor clothes Victory needs to catch up but Iron wise they are way ahead.Bottom line ride what you want don't worry about what others say.
  19. ddawg

ddawg New Member

2008 Kingpin, 2010 Street Glide

Last week I rode with 3 other Harley owners out to Laughlin. It was 280 miles each way. There were 2 Harley Street Glides, 1 Harley Road Glide, and me on my Victory Kingpin. Of course my buddies were all curious, so we traded bikes and everyone rode eachothers bikes. Their comments were all favorable about my Pin.

Am I brand loyal? Yes. As long as the brand is loyal to me - building a good quality bike, that is dependable, and at a fair market price for what you get. Am I loyal to Victory? Yes. Am I exclcusively loyal to Victory? No. I will buy and own any quality bike out there that fits my needs.

I am more loyal to the biking experience, and seek the best bike to fill my particular needs. Victory does a good job at that.
  20. dsjr70

dsjr70 Active Member

08 Vegas Low x 2, Vegas LE # 001, Cross Roads LE # 001, High Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, Cross Country, Vision, Cross Roads
    Last time I responded to that I got flamed. Lol. Lets just say north of 100 including race bikes. Keep in mind that some seasons 6-8 bikes was normal and I did that for close to five years. Since I joined the victory family in 2009 around 15 bikes. Also keep in mind that I rode pretty much everywhere until two years ago. I could buy a Suzuki for $6000 put 20,000 miles on it and trade it in for a minimal lose six months later because I was getting them at dealer cost.