Hi-Flow Air Filter....from Lloydz

Discussion in 'Discussions by Model' started by Monark26, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Monark26

Monark26 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Cross Country (White & Silver)
    I recently installed Lloydz new Hi-Flow air filter and instead of following the instructions I left in place the stock plastic ring that goes around the front edge of the frame above the filter hole. I was concerned about water ingress during rain storms so I cut the stock plastic piece so it fit the new filter, which left in place the rubber seal at the front edge. Since doing this i've seen that others remove this seal to gain HP. My question is has anyone ever had problems with ingesting water during heavy rain after removing the rubber seal?

2. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    No, I've ridden thru heavy downpours for hours and never a problem. The rubber strip is there for sound reduction to pass EPA regulations. By leaving it in you are really defeating the purpose of the hi flow filter as it seriously reduces airflow. After removing it if you don't have a fuel controller I recommend unplugging your O2 sensors to richen the mixture.

3. Harrar

Harrar Member

2012 Hardball

New to the VOG first time reply, new Hardball: Ok you install a Lloydz Hi-Flow air filter & Controller, You unplug the O2 sensors & you plug the 2 holes on your headers. What do you do with the O2 sensors at tis point? Do you cut the single wire and cap it, or do you follow the wire to it's source & remove it?

4. Monark26

Monark26 Member

2011 Cross Country (White & Silver)
    I guess I didn't consider the noise factor. Maybe I should pull the tank again and remove the plastic ring as the instructions say!

5. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    Whoa there horsey, you're going way too far. Just follow the wire coming out of the sensor to the connector and unplug it, that's it. There is no need to remove the sensors from the pipes but some do and put a plug in the hole.

6. Harrar

Harrar Member

2012 Hardball

that sounds easy enough, just fallow the wire and unplug the sensor. I Didn'd make it clear but yes I do want to remove the sensors and install a plug.....Thank you.....bikendad

7. dtmmil

dtmmil New Member

I would just unplug them first and ride it to see if its what your looking for before spending the money on the plugs. I unplugged mine and got popping between shifts and on decel, plugged them back in and the popping went away.

8. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country
    I can't find supporting info so I'm assuming the answer is no, but do you have to oil the lloydz filter and can it be cleaned? Thanks ahead of time.

9. PrometheusVII

PrometheusVII Member

2010 Cross Country

You know, some vehicles actually inject water into the combustion chamber to increase fuel mileage and promote cooling. The trick is to inject enough to get the cooling, and increased cylinder pressure from the resulting steam, without extinguishing the flame of the combustion process.

That said, the trickle that might (and I stress Might) find it's way into your intake during a torrential downpour should just be passed through the combustion process and not even noticed.

As such, I would (as most here have) just remove the rubber/plastic strip and enjoy the increase inperformance.

Any counter discussion points?...

10. stevewithavision

stevewithavision New Member

2009 Victory Vision 10th Anniv

You are correct, you do not have to oil the filter until after you clean it. I use the K & N filter cleaning kit, so far so good!

11. Witchdoctor

Witchdoctor Well-Known Member

Jackpot

Remove the plastic ring like the directions say.

12. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Active Member

None :(

I had an open intake on my Nomad (big round filter on the SIDE of the bike). It rained, water got in. I never had any issues.

13. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country

received my Lloydz filter today and had my Lloydz VFC for about a week, been waiting so i can do them both at the same time. im pretty excited. hope i can make time this week to install them and enjoy the difference.

[​IMG]

14. bikerdeano

bikerdeano Active Member

2012 Vegas & 2012 CCT
    Keep us posted on your "before and after" results.

15. Bobbyd85

Bobbyd85 Active Member

2012 Black Cross Country

wish i could. there is no dyno anywhere near me. but i will let you know my honest thoughts and if my debaffled exhaust quits popping. right now i have it on up and downshift. also after taking the baffles out of my exhaust my get up and go in 5th and 6th gear seem very sluggish around 65-75mph. main reason i got the stuff in the first place.