Fog Lights/Running Lights

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by bfdvp71, Aug 21, 2012.

1. bfdvp71

bfdvp71 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2013 Victory Cross Country Touring Boardwalk Blue
    I have seen a few photos and threads on aux lights for the CCT. I do not like the way they are mounted on the front signal lights on the police bikes. Has anyone found manufactured mounting brackets or anything that will make mounting a set of Pias easy under the headlight, on the front forks, or another area ??
  2. gbcop

gbcop New Member

Cross Country Tour

I used kyuryakn P-clamps to mount some walmart driving lights to the crash bars...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  3. rdeerx

rdeerx Member

2010 Victory Cross Country

I used some straight 3" long flat brackets, mounted between the vertical forged bar and the top horizontal bar. Spaced the rear with thin stainless washers. The flat bracket is maybe 1/8" thick. Mounted Kuryakyn Silver Bullets with 20 watt bulbs. Ran my wires up under the painted plastic top cover, to the switch & power. When the top cover is back on you do not notice the small space that you shimmed out.
  4. ozman559la

ozman559la New Member

2011 Victory Cross Country

You can search lights or driving lights but the place with the Police light Kit was in Arizona here is the link
  5. gregbenner

gregbenner New Member

2011 XC
  6. ozman559la

ozman559la New Member

2011 Victory Cross Country
  7. bfdvp71

bfdvp71 Member

2013 Victory Cross Country Touring Boardwalk Blue

Thanks for all the replies so far. I have a set of Piaas I would like to use and am still searchn for that one mount that stands out, lol...
  8. steviej

steviej Member

2011 Cross Country

I mounted two sets of Denali DM1 Micros from Twisted Trottle.com. The lights come in sets of two but additional pods can mount to each other as well. I have them set up so the lower two have the fog light lens (25 flood pattern) and the upper two are the driving lights (10 spot pattern). They throw off an incredible amount of light. I realize my mounting locationwon't work on you CCT, however, I post because Twisted Throttle.com has many different brackets that these light (or most others for that matter) will mount to. These brackets can go off of the sides of your struts, the sides of your calipers, from up underneath your fairing, etc. Check them out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good luck, steviej
  9. ev1l2n

ev1l2n New Member

2012 Cross Country Tour

@gbcop
    What size pclamp did you end up using? The 1-11/4 size?
    I see and like what you did. I too have the xct and refuse to give 3-400 bucks for some small bullet lights.Your setup is well within my budget and can probably pull this off on a Sat mon with a cup of coffee.
    Details, my good man, details...
    Ride Safe!
  10. gbcop

gbcop New Member

Cross Country Tour

Yes, I believe they were the 1 1/4 inch clamps. I have been real happy with the setup and have about 4000 miles since install with no problems. I think I paid about $45 for the clamps and $18 for the lights. All in all, a great setup for not much money. The lights are very bright, and I always get comments about the improved daytime visibility that they provide (which was my reason for installing them to begin with.) If I can help in any way, just let me know.
  11. ev1l2n

ev1l2n New Member

2012 Cross Country Tour

Thanks! I guess the next question would be how did you wire to theh bike. Did you use the spare light switch on the dash or did you try another approach. Wiring the thing appears to be the hardest part here. I actually already have one of the clamp. I need to get one more and the lights.
    Thanks for any assitance!
    Ride Safe!
  12. gbcop

gbcop New Member

Cross Country Tour
  13. ev1l2n

ev1l2n New Member

2012 Cross Country Tour

@gbcop
    Me again... I have mounted the lights on the crash bars and they do look great. I am kind of curious how you wired them up. You obviously had to remove the insides of the lower fairings to run the wires and take the nose off of the front fairing. Did you wire them to a hot wire in the fairing or did you use the accessory cord under the tank? Where did you put the switch? I am kind of hesitant to take the fairing apart but I am curious about what is involved here. I have wired up lights before using the kuryakyn harness on a bike that did not have as much body work to navigate around and or remove.
    If you (or anyone else) could provide some insight to this it would be most appreciated. I am treating this as a learning experience but am also being ultra careful as this is an expensive piece of hardware to be learning on. Any specifics would be helpful.
    Thanks and Ride Safe!
  14. gbcop

gbcop New Member

Cross Country Tour

I did have to take the lower fairings apart, but that was pretty easy. It allows you to hide the wires very well. I used a hot wire insde the fairing...I can't remember right now which one I used though. I might be able to go in there int the next couple of days and look though. I was nervous about taking the fairing off at first too, but it is really pretty simple. I just followed the instructions that are listed on this forum. I used a handlebar mounted switch (http://www.leatherup.com/p/Handlebar-Switches/Show-Chrome-Accessories-Universal-Accessory-Switch-Block-for-1-Inch-Handlebars/171429.html?gclid=CIqgzMSdyrICFYNM4AodiXAAGw). It really looks good mounted on the handlebars, and made installation easy. I just ran the harness into the fairing and all of the connections were done inside the fairing. Hope this helps and sorry for the delay in answering.
  15. Mississippi_Ghost_Rider

Mississippi_Ghost_Rider New Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    I have a pair of Clearwater High Intesity LEDs mounted low on my bars. They came with wiring instructions and have a handlebar mounted rheostat. On low beam their Intesity in controlled by the rheostat, but when I flip to high beam they go full power. I love the sight triangle they present from the front and are very visible. I've gotten many compliments. Google Clearwater Lights for their website.