Easy Clutch...Ever Tried it?

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by ArkieBiker, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ArkieBiker

ArkieBiker Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Cross Country Tour
    I don't have any issues with the clutch on my 2012 Cross Country Tour, but an easier pull is always welcomed...and this one even comes with a chrome clutch cover. So has anyone here used one of these? http://www.victoryonly.com/ACCESSORIES/easy_clutch_plain.htm

2. shockhappens

shockhappens Member

Corry Ness Cross country 117
    That looks cool just to cover up that crappy piece the cable attaches to, that is one of the worst pieces on the bike..........

3. cabikerdad

cabikerdad New Member

12 XCT and 01 V92C
    I have the easy clutch on my XCT. I had one on my 07 kingpin too. never an issue with them. And they do look much better than the stock arm K

4. ArkieBiker

ArkieBiker Member

Cross Country Tour
    cabikerdad...so does it actually make the clutch easier to pull..not that mine is that difficult. I am wondering if it will help with the clutch cable fails I have been hearing about.

5. dragon6

dragon6 Member

My dealer in Fort Pierce Fl uses one on his demo XCT and it makes a big difference in the pull. He also claims that the clutch cable will last longer.

6. PrometheusVII

PrometheusVII Member

2010 Cross Country
    That's odd, I read/heard the EZ-Pull is finicky (has to be set perfectly) and if not it will allow your cable to rub (somewhere), causing a premature failure. I was going to go that route, but decided to go with the Hydraulic conversion, easier pull and no cable issues. Haven't ridden it yet (Still in A-Stan till Feb 29th), but the wife said it is much easier and smoother than before. She had to load/unload it to take it to Boca Raton, FL, to get the work (and some other goodies) done. Just mah deuce cents worth...

7. thibsgary

thibsgary New Member

2005 vegas
    I have one on my 05 Vegas. It is much easier than stock, really matters when stuck in traffic. Kevinx, a few weeks ago when I had him adjust my cable said, they are much easier on the cable, a lot less stress on the cable, but a pain in the but to set up correct. Once they are set they are great.

8. cabikerdad

cabikerdad New Member

12 XCT and 01 V92C
    Yes, the easy clutch makes the clutch lever very easy to pull. As for the cable failures, in my opinion Yes it helps with preventing cable failures. I have not broken a clutch cable since I started using the easy clutch. My first Vic broke a clutch cable every year from the time it was new. It got to the pint that i carried a spare cable. This is before the cable repair kit's they sell now. As for the adjustment....? I have never had an issue with adjusting my clutch cable using the easy clutch. And I've never had a clutch failure on any of my Vic's. I've had 3 been riding them since 2001

9. GaKingpinRider

GaKingpinRider Member

Victory Kingpin
    I have considered one of these for a long time. Lloyd ( as in Lloydz Motorwerkz ) and KevinX talked me out of it as it can apparently cause the clutch to slip...

10. gregbenner

gregbenner New Member

2011 XC
    It appears from the link that thee are for 2007 and PRIOR Victorys.? Specifically excludes Visions, doesn't seem to mention the Cross bikes

11. cabikerdad

cabikerdad New Member

12 XCT and 01 V92C
    I have one on my 2012 XCT. Call the guys at Witch Doctors, they will hook you up don't worry

12. miles_1

miles_1 New Member

2008 Victory jackpot
    Will it work on with a Hydraulic clutch?

13. vmi1982

vmi1982 New Member

The clutch assist assembly seems to be a solid unit, but will not work if you have the reverse kit installed. The end of the reverse unit sits low enough that the clutch assist assembly hits the reverse unit before it even gets to normal rest position.

14. STARVN

STARVN Member

I have the easy clutch pull on my '10 Cherry XC, I've had it on th bike since 2010 and it makes the clutch so easy. Mine is also all chrome w/the "Winged V" engraved on it.

15. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Active Member

2013 Victory XCT

This is an old thread but I have one installed on my 13 XCT and it's great. Not that I couldn't pull the lever in but that chrome piece looks nice and I have a wider engagement point that helps in low speed situations! [​IMG]