VOG Forum banner

Dealing with A Raging Cajun (Rippers)

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  crosscountryla 
#1 ·
So I've been dealing with Dave (@Dnewman ). And I must say it was probably the best experience I've had as a customer, ever! It started with just some inbox messages on this forum that lead to a phone call that lead to a new exhaust for my 2015 Cross Country.
I knew I wanted a nice rumble when idling, but nothing that would drone at highway speeds. I also wanted something that would allow my bike to breath better and have it take off from a dig with some balls. Just by explaining to Dave how I ride and what I wanted he was able to explain which exhaust might be best. He gave me very specific details as to why the exhaust was best for me. I couldn't believe that this guy spent nearly 45 minutes with me on the phone to explain how the baffles worked or didn't work on certain exhausts.
So I made the purchase, I got a set of Raging Cajun Rippers. I put them on my bike and I turned on the ignition. The nice deep rumble on idle is awesome! Exactly what I wanted. So I also took it out for a quick acceleration test and it picks up way quicker than with the stock pipes on there! Sounds great when I tap out the gears to about 4500 before shifting. But if I want to take it nice and easy they're not too loud at all! I can cruise at 40 at about 3krpm in 3rd and hear my music just fine. Cruising at 75-80 around 3krpm I can still hear my music, and when someone cuts me off I can get on that throttle and remind them about the use of their mirrors (or lack thereof).
I'm glad i went with the Rippers, I've been getting compliments nonstop from my friends since I've put them on. I will add video when I get home as I'm currently still at work. Oh yeah he even refunded me $2 and some odd cents that I overpaid, WHO DOES THAT?! Thanks Dave, made me love my bike so much more!

See less See more
#6 ·
Based on everything I've read about Dave and his Raging Cajun exhaust, I sent him a PM, which he promptly responded to. I then called him and he spent 40 minutes answering my questions and explaining how he came up with these baffles. I have Big Honkers and he has had them before so I was able to get an honest comparison, so my stock pipes went UPS to him today. Oh yeah, the dyno chart with his exhaust posted in another thread also helped me decide!

#7 ·
I have a set of Rajun Cajun's Dave built for me and I can tell you I am still in love with the work. As stated in other posts Dave spent much time on the phone with me making sure I had the right sound I was looking for. If I were to buy a new Vic I would definitely contact Dave for another set of Rajun Cajuns. You will like them and they will get better sounding as time goes. Enjoy

#10 · (Edited)
40 minutes?? 45 minutes?? Dave must have been busy....over an hour with me...a couple times. GREAT guy and keep talking to him, has more information then just exhaust...like under drive pulley...put one on and he was right, love it!! Now, another input with FACT...just had bike dyno'd by KEVINX...last summer went to "Cam Party", best money ever spent besides cost of bike. This winter added Dave's Ragin Cajun Ripper XL pipes...Went for dyno from KEVINX while at Daytona Bike Week...126.45hp/124.86 tq....Many thanks to both KEVINX and DAVE....Power and Sound makes a monster :devil3: (had a few ask what exhaust I had because liked the sound/numbers, hope Dave gets some new customers) Kevin did make statement about exhaust being constant with same on another bike he did...See SUBDUDES dyno results, he has same motor work by Kevin I do (drop in cams).

Reactions: CapoXC and Dnewman
#11 ·
I have the Raging Cajun Rippers (quieter version) Dave built for me on my bike and they're exactly what I wanted! Great sound while not too loud and they produce great power. The wife even likes them! Thanks Dave, great job, and a pleasure to do business with you!

#13 ·
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

After installing Ragin Cajun Ripper XL :clap: Thanks Dave, all that you said and thanks KEVINX for your "Cam Party"

Reactions: crosscountryla
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.