VOG Forum banner

Coooool and aggressive exhaust tips

6K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  aor98 
#1 ·
I have the black on my bike. My dad has the chrome. When I go to rallies, people are always asking me about these; thought I would share one of my favorite RF Custom Parts this morning.

http://www.rfcustomparts.com/exhaust/

• Contrast cut flat black.
  • Super cool tri-oval design!
  • Fits all Vision and Cross models 2008 to Present.
  • Mounting options for different looks.
  • Also available in Brilliant Chrome and Gloss Blackfinishes.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber Automotive design Bumper
Tire Light Product Automotive tire Black

See less See more
#4 ·
Then vote with your wallet and don't buy them. I don't believe they're just punched out of sheet metal. There's lots of machining gone into them.

Reactions: Diamond Jim
#7 ·
I thought that at one time there was a vendor forum, is that still a thing or are you going to work your way through your entire catalog?

I know, don't click it.

• Winner
Reactions: AVGJOE4
#8 ·
You can say 'To Each Their Own'. It really just depends on the Quality that the person would pay for at this point. I have a few things from RF that has worked on my bike. It really depends on the individual and whom they would like to deal with and what price they would want to pay. I see Quality in thier products that are put out. IMO....

Reactions: Rick Fairless
#15 ·
I see both sides of the argument. We all want to put quality parts and accessories for our rides, obviously. It really comes down to what we think is a fair price. In the case of these tips, one look and you can see the quality in them, and I definitely appreciate what goes into making them. But for me, when it comes to stuff like this and I see pricing over $250, I just glaze over. Everybody has their tipping point I guess. I have seen items like these range everywhere from $99 to the $279 mark. The $99 tips look OK but they sure don't match up to these. At the same time I have seen tips at the $150-$175 mark that are as nice as these, or at least if they aren't you would have to look hard to see the difference. So there is my conflict. They are made in the USA, Made from the same material and so on.

Don't get me wrong, these are great pieces. Rick has come up with a great design and they are well made. So far everything I have seen has been very nice indeed. But there is a threshold of what I can pay, and when that threshold gets passed, I have to pass. But like anything else, these parts will yield what the market will bare. I would love to see more competitive pricing. But if that is what the market will bare and better pricing cannot be had, then the hell with it, I'll ride a stock bike. That money can go toward more important things. Bling is great, but it will not make the bike ride better or perform better.

#16 ·
A well-heeled Vic owner doesn't care about price. It's all about quality and having something that no one else has. A just-getting-by Vic owner is satisfied with his OEM bike. And there are those in the middle. If you don't like the prices of anything, you keep your wallet in your pants. You don't rag on business people about their prices. Just be thankful we live in North America with endless choice and not North Korea with endless hard labor camps.
Forehead Chin Hairstyle Sleeve Font

• Haha
Reactions: Ghostrider25
#29 ·
A well-heeled Vic owner doesn't care about price. It's all about quality and having something that no one else has. A just-getting-by Vic owner is satisfied with his OEM bike. And there are those in the middle. If you don't like the prices of anything, you keep your wallet in your pants. You don't rag on business people about their prices. Just be thankful we live in North America with endless choice and not North Korea with endless hard labor camps.
View attachment 22545
I hear you, @1stVictory and I agree. By this scale then I reckon I am somewhere in the middle. My bike is not OEM, but I have decided to spend the money on things that matter to me like performance and rideability. I would love to put those tips and lots more on the bike to make it more unique, and I really like the things that Rick has created, but I do put limits on what I can/will spend on bling items and that is that. One day I will get some blingy stuff, but there are a few more things I need to get first.

@FAIRLESS Miss Lena, I for one appreciate your participation on this board. Keep on keepin on, OK? OK! :biggrin:

Reactions: FAIRLESS
#17 ·
GOOD GOD! I'm sorry but IMO that is way too much. My performance baffles were less than that not trying to be an a** but WOW. If they were a hundo I would order the chrome set tomorrow great look but just too dang much. WD it will be.

#34 ·
I have a pair of the $99 tips and they are amazing, fit well, and I've had numerous compliments on them. Over $200 for a pair of exhaust tips? No thanks!

#20 ·
If your speaking of my comment I did state they looked great and if it were priced right I would buy them. Also WD has great custom parts at affordable prices. Was not being a D*** just giving an opinion, that's what forums are for discussion......

#27 ·
HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAA! needed that, lol.

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark
#31 ·
You guys are a tough bunch.
For years the whine was about the lack of Victory aftermarket parts and accessories. Ricks been in this game a long time and personally I was thrilled when he brought Victory into his house. They love these bikes and want to make the best parts for them with real American quality and manufacturing. If you don't like the price then shop elsewhere. Otherwise I'm sure they would appreciate you keep your negative comments to yourselves. Lena is a fine young lady and probably more of a biker / enthusiast than some here. I would be proud too if she was my daughter.

#33 ·
I'd ride a bike with tips like that any day!

Reactions: slickvic
#43 ·
This is all some weird, wild stuff! LOL!

What makes written forums so much fun is the amount of miscommunication that goes on because of the issues inherent in trying to convey meaning solely via words. Case in point:

Am I the only one who is laughing at all the assuming going on here? We assume someone's talking specifically about us and attack them for assuming I'm a certain way or have certain characteristics. However, I fail to see that I'm attacking the other person for assuming...which is exactly what I'm doing!

And we are all prone to doing this! I know I am!

Please don't assume I'm speaking about any one person or post exclusively.

I could be completely wrong, but you are all free to assume that I'm correct about all this.

#44 ·
But @ETrider are you assuming that I am assuming that you know I am assuming what you assume I am assuming about you? That is a wild assumption, Sir!!! :rofl2:

Yeah, things spun out a little there! Oh well, it happens. Bottom line here is this... RF Customs makes a bunch of really cool stuff. These things cost what they cost. Buy it or don't buy it, It's nice to have the options out there at least. I say keep it comin, man!

Reactions: ETrider
#46 ·
Moral of this story, no matter the price some moron is always gonna ***** about it! I run my business 20 years now, by not being the cheapest or the most expensive, but being the BEST compared to my competition! If you want low prices go to Walmart! Good luck finding bike parts there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.