VOG Forum banner

Cold weather gloves

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  ughammer 
#1 ·
do any of you gentlemen or ladies have opinions on cold weather riding gloves. I know "cold weather" can be a subjective term. I'm thinking 40 or below. Looking for brand and specific models. Thank you in advance for your input.

#5 ·
Heated grips only work so well. Especially if you have apes that raise your hands above the fairing top. Heated grips tend to keep the palms of my hands warmer but sometimes my fingers are still very cold. I use an old (20 years) pair of Artic Cat snowmobile gloves that really need to be replaced at this point.

Two weeks ago it was 27 when I left my garage. Thankfully it warmed up to the mid 50's by the afternoon. Yesterday it was between 38 and 44 but very overcast and seemed much colder. Last night we got some very light snowfall but thankfully it was mostly gone by 10am. Later today it made it to 51. But it was nice and sunny and felt much warmer than the thermometer indicated.

Why ride under 40 degrees? Is this a real question or are you just kidding?

#7 ·
Why ride under 40 degrees? Is this a real question or are you just kidding?
His comment is based on his repeated statements of water being formed in the motor on cold days.

If you own a Vision or a CCT you don't have the right to complain about the cold. They aren't meant for fair weather riders.

Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark
#6 ·
#8 ·
In the 50s I'm OK with a light leather glove with my heated grips. Under that if I'm gonna be riding a good distance I'll wear my Mobile Warming battery powered heated gloves. The are limited to the battery life but by having extras I have not had any issues staying warm. I usually run them at 25 to 50% power which helps them last.

I also have a vest and thick fleece jacket by them. Both are great but my favorite is the vest. My wife has a jacket as well and also loves it. They can use a larger battery so I can get a day off riding out of one, again running it at 25 to 50%. My vest and gloves kept my nice and toasty on the recent Hill Country ride that was 42 to 52 with drizzling rain.

Amazon.com: Mobile Warming TX Heated Glove - Large/Black: Automotive

#12 ·
Most important is keeping your chest warm, then legs and hands... I roll with some Paki leather guantlets as long as I'm wearing my cold weather gear my hands are fine, all about cutting that wind.... I have ridden into the teens, but do ride in the 30's.

#13 ·
Like at @VicVisionBulldog I am a fan of Mobile Warming. I have the battery Jacket and intend to upgrade to the hybrid jacket eventually. I may even look at the hybrid pants just cause they are a little lighter than Carhart overalls. I am an anomaly around here as nothing I did helped my hands so I bought "Hippo Hands". There are a few threads around here on them and here is a link. They do make the smaller ones just go to their website. I wear summer gloves down to 19 degrees with heated grips and zero issues. They are amazing. I think the smaller ones would work similarly.
Hippo Hands = Happy Hands

#15 ·
Like at @VicVisionBulldog I am a fan of Mobile Warming. I have the battery Jacket and intend to upgrade to the hybrid jacket eventually. I may even look at the hybrid pants just cause they are a little lighter than Carhart overalls. I am an anomaly around here as nothing I did helped my hands so I bought "Hippo Hands". There are a few threads around here on them and here is a link. They do make the smaller ones just go to their website. I wear summer gloves down to 19 degrees with heated grips and zero issues. They are amazing. I think the smaller ones would work similarly.
Hippo Hands = Happy Hands
I was just looking at the dual powered gear. They seem like a great piece of kit. They are not cheap but I think they could easily be worth it. EBay here I come!

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.