VOG Forum banner

Closer look at the Indian Springfield

5K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Ace22 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Lol, it does have a decent sound for stock.

#6 ·
I really like it, it is allot like the CrossRoad IMO...I just wish all that electronic gadgetry wasn't standard. Available for those that want it ? Sure. But I prefer just a key for Ignition & bags......jmo

I wonder if the bags have a similar capacity to those on the XR....they are spacious.

#7 ·
Watching Steve Menneto in the first video, it seems that the seating situation might be more agreeable to taller riders.
I love the looks of the bike with the exception of the black leather.

Now I just have to decide whether I like it more than what Steve Menneto (President of Motorcycles at Polaris) road in the Hot Bike Tour.

Tire Jeans Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

#13 ·
Watching Steve Menneto in the first video, it seems that the seating situation might be more agreeable to taller riders.
I love the looks of the bike with the exception of the black leather.

Now I just have to decide whether I like it more than what Steve Menneto (President of Motorcycles at Polaris) road in the Hot Bike Tour.

View attachment 15042
At 6'2" I still felt a little cramped. With feet flat on the floorboards my knees were above the top of the tank.

#8 ·
I have never seen a linkage that went from the front axle to the chair like that before, I can only guess that it is some sort of damper for the steering.....

Reactions: Bigfoot
#10 ·
Got a chance to throw a leg over at my local dealer this morning. Agree that the bike seems a little more suited to taller riders. I was able to find a comfortable foot postilion and would certainly be able to get highway pegs on the crash guard to stretch out. Didn't feel as cramped as I do when seated on the Chieftan. Do like the looks!

Reactions: Bigfoot
#11 ·
Compared to our Visions?

Could you feel the raised stitching in the seat?
I'd be worried about that causing monkey butt on long rides.

$21,000 doesn't seem unreasonable.

#14 ·
[QUOTE="I wonder if the bags have a similar capacity to those on the XR....they are spacious.[/QUOTE]
If they are the same bags as the Chieftain (and I believe they are) then no...they do NOT have the same capacity as the XR. My Akoury half shell might fit in the Chieftan bag, but my old mushroom type half shell wouldn't fit...that was a disappointment to me, but I love this bike! If they ever go with the Pearl White paint, It'll be my next bike. If not, I'll go with the Chief Classic.

#21 ·
The Springfield shares the Chieftain / Roadmaster rake but has a bit more trail. That claim a unique frame, which may be true but I suspect it's more likely a Chieftain spec frame with unique triple trees.

I will say that back when I rode them on at the introduction demo in 2014 the Chieftain was the best handling of the group and the word is the springfield improves on it.

#23 ·
Yea, gonna talk straight outta my ass here, but here it goes. Not an expert on motorcycle geometry and balance but this is what I felt.

When you say chieftain was twitchy, I think I understand. I kept having to correct my trajectory mid curve. It also felt very top heavy. Given its low seat height, maybe someone can explain that

But I am very much looking forward to seeing what the best handling Indian feels like. Maybe it will fix what I've felt off and my vic feel right.

I'm sure alot of factors are at play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.