Bad Ace CFAD Review

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Monark26, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Monark26

Monark26 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Cross Country (White & Silver), 2013 High-Ball
    First, my bike. I have a 2011 XC, non-ABS with forged bars. I'm running a 10" Gustafsson Euro-flip windshield (love it!). No other wind control devices are installed.
    I'm 5'8", so the +1" windshield height is just right for me. It stopped 75% of the buffeting compared to the stock blade windshield. I get a few bug splatters on the top leading edge of my helmet, but rarely get hit in the glasses or face, so the flip seems to be working well.

Now, my impressions of the CFAD. It does what is it intended to do! The last 25% of the buffeting seems to be mostly gone at 75-80 MPH. I really like that it is made of black plastic, and the fit and finish is first rate. Takes all of 2 minutes to install with the included SS fittings.
    Now the down side, for me at least. The hot air from the engine is redirected downwards towards my ankle area, especially on the left side. It is most noticeable at slower speeds, 30-40 MPH. This could be a good thing in winter, or if you live in cooler climates, but I live in SE Texas (near Houston) and the summer heat and humidity here is brutal in the summer! My dash temp indicated 88 today, and it will be a lot hotter than that in the months ahead!

Sooo, my final opinion... Like I said, it does what it is intended to do, and helps the buffeting a lot. However, during the summer I think I will remove it, as the increase is heat on my lower legs will be more uncomfortable than the buffeting. Since it is so easy to install and remove, I will probably use it in the winter and for long road trips, but keep it off most of the time. For those of you living a cooler climates, I would recommend it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    Are you running a fuel tuner? Just wanting a bigger picture.

3. PDXLaserGazer

PDXLaserGazer Well-Known Member

'13 Cross Country - Antifreeze Green / '15 Gunner
    My browser won't let me into bad ace site. Last time I was there using my phone, I was looking around and I couldn't really find anything special, maybe half dozen items show up for the XC, most of the menus were empty pages. Is it still this way?

4. mobear66

mobear66 Active Member

Victory XC FCP
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PDXLaserGazer

PDXLaserGazer Well-Known Member

'13 Cross Country - Antifreeze Green / '15 Gunner
    Ah, thanks!

6. Ariesnc

Ariesnc Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Magnum
    Keep in mind, everything has a trade off. Same as if you install lowers, there is a chancenit will increase the engine heat you feel in the summers. Guess you have to ask yourself what's important. Ankle heat or curing the so called buffeting . I have the JTD lowers and run them all year, I open the vents up in the summer time and no issues at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sep1006

sep1006 Active Member

2014 CROSS COUNTRY

I totally agree and have had the same experience. I have the same shield but +2", I'm 6'-1" and it's perfect. I live in Pearland which is just a little south of you. Probably be taking mine off in about a month. I have the one from Witchdoctors.

8. Monark26

Monark26 Member

2011 Cross Country (White & Silver), 2013 High-Ball
    I have a VFC-3, and I use Rotella oil....LOL.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2014 Victory Cross Country 8-Ball and 2016 Vegas 8-Ball BOTH BLACK!!
    "O" sheet :banghead:...here we go

10. PaiN

PaiN Active Member

2013 Vic Cross Country (Red on Black)
    I had major buffeting and heat issues with my XC in the past. I'm 6' tall and use a Gustafsson Euroflip 12" windshield with CCT fairing wind deflectors. Running this setup alone I still get hammered at high speeds with dirty air coming under the fairing and around the tank. I can't use hard lowers or any type of fork mounted deflectors due to excessive heat build up. Last year I finally found a solution using Bad Ace Tank Wings attached to my cheese wedges....This was the only solution in years of trying that actually controlled highway buffeting and did not cause any excess heat build up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This spring I decided I wanted to paint my cheese wedges to match the tins. So I got the Bad Ace CFAD to replace wings attached to the wedges. The CFAD works great on the buffeting but on the few warm(in the 70s) days I've been able to ride I'm feeling some heat pooling around my legs. I'm not going to put the wings back on the wedges just yet but I'm pretty sure once I have to ride in summer temps that heat isn't going to be comfortable.