Are some riders just SELF CENTERED

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by stickbowhunter, May 2, 2013.

1. stickbowhunter

stickbowhunter Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory CrossCountry Tour
    First off I'm not a Harley hater since a few of my friends ride them and for the most part I like most bikes. Last night at a local club over a few drinks I was talking to an acquaintance who had recently got a new Electra Glide Custom ? with a few extras and had added a new GPS with radio. I mentioned I was riding a Victory when he stated he really didn't like that swoopy futuristic look. Since I was leaving we went out to ck his new ride, hey it was definitely a nice bike and he had added quite a few extras and I told him it looked great but that was all I could get in. I think he glanced at my XR once but quickly looked away not sure if it scared him or what. I guess I've noticed this with a few other riders of another brand but usually ignored it before. Guess I won't be getting into those one sided conversation with him any too soon again.
  2. snoopie

snoopie New Member

2012 Victory Hard Ball

Add motorcyclesalong with religion,politics,things not to talk about.[​IMG]
  3. Justinator

Justinator New Member

2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot "Arlen Ness"

Yeah it funny. Usually the people who brag up their bike and talk sh%t about the others is intimidated or feels inadequate about their own bike.Ill say it here "I don't likeHarleys" yes I said it but for the reason of realiability, vibration, and feel of the ride.
    Now having said that I would never disrespect a fellow biker bytalking sh%t about his bike no matter what he drove.That is very disrespectful.
    The only time I talk sh%t about other brands(mainly Harley) iswhen someone steps on my toes.I have family members who rideHarleys and they are always the first ones to say something about Victory and then I let loose but I never start it. They never seem to have much for comebacksand usually just use my own comebacks back at me but if I wanted"my" comeback I would tell their wifes to fart...
  4. curtdan62

curtdan62 Member

2012 Cross Country Tour

He might have just been overly excited about his bike. I know if someone asks me questions about my bike I will give them all the info I can about my bike. I do let others get a few words in though...lol
  5. jandjp

jandjp Member

Vision

I like some Harleys, just don't like Harley mentality.
  6. dann

dann Member

1999 V92C

I like Harleys and will probably buy another one some day, but some guys are just diehard and will not even think about another brand of bike. some think their s$$t don't stink because they have a Harley. It's just like the diehard Chevy guys or Mopar guys they wouldn't be caught dead in a Ford. I buy what i like and don't give a crap what others think! So be proud of what you got and ride it with pride.
  7. MONKEY666

MONKEY666 New Member

H-D custom FXR, GSXR 1000, Buell XB12S

That's totally normal. When I drive my Vette I dress in every piece of Chevy clothing made and sneer at GT-Rs and Mustangs... [​IMG]
  8. XKnight

XKnight Member

Cross Roads

I love motorcycles, but the people that ride them sometimes get on my nerves.
  9. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin and Victory Vision
    Man code: Never say you don't like anther guys bike. It's ok to not like it, it's unmanly to tell him. Obviously we all like some bikes better than others. If a guy says to you, "I ride X" and that prompts you to tell him why you don't like X...then You're obviously an insecure poser that bought a bike because you thought it would make you cool.
  10. McKoi1

McKoi1 Member

2012 XCT black

If you ride any type of cruiser you oweat least a nod to harley. go back to the 80's and you had 3 choices rice rocket ninja, hurricane etc, upright street bike honda cb, kawasaki ltd, suziki gs all of which were inline twins or 4's or a cruiser, Harley. As Harley proved that they had overcome the quality issues from the AMF years people started going for cruisers and japan started loosing sales. so they went were the money was crusiers. Now with the exception of rice rockets, moto guzzi goldwing bmw and triumph, everything else is a cruiser. even kawasaki when they reintroduced the voyager went with a v twin instead of the concours 4 cylinder, a proven and dependable motor.
  11. phoenix9

phoenix9 Active Member

2012 Cross Roads Classic Limited Edition #001

I think sometimes we see things in the shadows that just aren't there......
  12. ndabunka

ndabunka Member

2011 Ness Cross Country

Some have a pre-convieved image in their head of a Victory and this guy seemed to have envisioned a Vision (Swoopy look) and was probably confused when yours wasn't a Vision
  13. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Active Member

None :(

My bike DOES make me look cool. It just so happens that it's the best bike for me at the moment. The cool thing is just an extra.
  14. ajax

ajax Member

2011 Victory Cross Country

Some folks just can't get past the Harley mystique. It's Harley or nothing. All my friends ride them. But every one of them really like my XC too, though? They have neversaid or doneanything but compliment it.If I'm talking to another rider about his bike, I never say anything in a negative way about it? It's just common courtesy.You can tell within five minutes of talking to someone if they're "that" type, too. You know the type, "Me and mine is the best! If you don't believe it, just ask me?" Conversations with this type don't last long with me. ;)
  15. bikerbob

bikerbob Active Member

2012 Cross Country Tour

I think that the ex Harley riders who now have Vic's are like guys who have quit smoking. They'e the worse. There's a mentallity out there that people think anything other than a Harley is just not a real motorcycle. Than when we buy something else we want it to look like a Harley and sound like one.

Somebody, stop the madness! :)